The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What do you think of these wheels

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    Experienced TGC Member

What do you think of these wheels

Well I think Im gonna get these wheels anyone heard anything good/bad about them, they are 17*7 i was gonna wrap them in 45's

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-RI...ayphotohosting

I was thinking of getting them tomorrow...

WarmAndSCSI
    Like them except for that shiny center cap... And do you mean 225/47R17's?

Wheels that cheap may be prone to cracking because of a porous cast. That's insanely cheap IMO.

i can tell just from the price they are shitty quality...

as for looks i personally don't like them but its your car.

Even if i liked that style i wouldn't buy them though they probably will bend easy and you will have to spend more money in the long run so you might as well get good ones the first time.

edit: also this isnt a performance modification..

silverlightning

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    ^^^^Thats original.

they alright!!

They actually look good :)

not my style

2001 5 speed 4g64T

no...lol
    My car has mood swings..

SMD
    17's look too small on 8G+ galants(unless ur the hardcore racer-type, ie: MOMO's). go at least w/ 18's. search for some good quality 18's and you'll probably be happier with the look.

the ones u posted are cheap, and the quality probably matches the price.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    Like them except for that shiny center cap... And do you mean 225/47R17's?

Wheels that cheap may be prone to cracking because of a porous cast. That's insanely cheap IMO.
    no i think he means 225/45/17 *points to his wheels/tires*

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by SMD
    17's look too small on 8G+ galants(unless ur the hardcore racer-type, ie: MOMO's).
    I dare you to make less sense. I've never even SEEN a track car with MOMO wheels before, minus OEM wheels on Italian cars. MOMO shit is for style, not performance.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by SMD
    17's look too small on 8G+ galants(unless ur the hardcore racer-type, ie: MOMO's).
    I dare you to make less sense. I've never even SEEN a track car with MOMO wheels before, minus OEM wheels on Italian cars. MOMO shit is for style, not performance.
    dammit you beat me to it LOL

this guy must be one of those big baller types, where anything under 20 inches is weak.

i run 17" gunmetal centerlines in the warm months, and i think they are great.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Ive seen these wheels at PepBoys, which is a local Parts store out here. I dont know if they're nationwide but, those are cheap quality wheels. And I'm not a fan of that style either. I would save up ur money for some better wheels.

17's look too small on 8G+ galants(unless ur the hardcore racer-type, ie: MOMO's). go at least w/ 18's. search for some good quality 18's and you'll probably be happier with the look.
    I diasagree about that, I have the 4G Eclipse wheels on mine, they're 17x7.5", and they look great. I get compliments all the time. If you get the right size tire, and lower the car a lil bit, it looks good. Its the best size wheel for performance on our cars. 18's look good and 19's even better, but they're not good performance wise. Not enough sidewall on the tires. Plus the extra weight...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

WarmAndSCSI
    IVORY_G is right... there's a point where the increased sidewall rigidity on a lower-profile tire doesn't matter any more and you're just increasing rotating mass from a larger wheel. Most low-profile 18" and 19" tires are also heavier then their smaller-diameter counterparts. This is why F1 cars have plenty of meat on their tires.