The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Paintless dent repair questions

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Layton

Paintless dent repair questions

Some 9 year old kid that wasn't paying attention ran into my car -- it was parked. She's OK. But, you wouldn't believe the dent I have in my front passenger fender! The paint isn't cracked and there are no creases. So, paintless dent repair should be a good option, but I don't know anything about it. What do I need to know?

Thanks.

I've seen paintless dent repair...and the way I've seen it done is that they get this thing that looks like a big plunger, they stick it to your car and basically use the suction to pull the dent up...thats the only way I know of...there could be other ways.

My car's head gaskets requires more torque than your honda puts out...

its nearly an artform..

the gents that do it for us are incredible. theres not much for you to know, really, other than their phone number...

let a good paintless dent remover look at your car and give you an estimate.. if he thinks he can fix it, let him.. its like magic the way they manipulate the bent metal.

I have two door dings from other car doors hitting mine, can paintless dent repair fix these as well?
    Love,
    Matt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have two door dings from other car doors hitting mine, can paintless dent repair fix these as well?</div>

Yes it can, I fixed one of these with paintless dent repair and looks like it have never happened!!

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

Smokey7969
    I had a dent in my rear fender, and I had a guy come to where I work, and repair it with paintless dent repair. They actually push the dent out from behind, they don't pull it out. I've heard that it is an artform, and I priced the tools to do it myself, but they are very expensive. You are better off having someone do it. It looks great, and no repainting, which is great. The only time they can't repair the dent is if it is too close to the wheel well, or on a crease in the cars design, or if the paint is even slightly chipped.
    I paid $90 for one dent.

Nick VR4
    most paintless dent repairers will charge per panel
    In UK its £80 per panel
    But you can normally barter with them for extra panels needing work

Some can also do minor paint repairs stone chips etc

Senior TGC Member
    Hmmm...I have a dent about 2mm or so but it's right on the line of the rear fender...the kind of damage a rich girl's M3 would probably make parked illegally at school. Don't think they'll be able to pop this one out
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Most of them do free estimates, it wouldnt hurt to give them a call. If not you will have to go to a bodyshop.

Matt
    Love,
    Matt