The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2.4 GDI Engine light problem

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    rraele

2.4 GDI Engine light problem

The orange engine light of my european Galant 2.4 GDI (build in year 2000) switches on and off every month or so. Switching off is no problem but switching on under normal driving conditions forces me to halt the car, stopping the engine and waiting for several minutes before restarting the engine, unless the car wouldn't accelerate any more (this seems to be some kind of engine protection associated to this orange light).

My Mitsubishi dealer checked the error code, worked on the car, but had not yet solved the problem.

What is wrong with this GDI engine ?
    Which parts must be replaced to solve this problem ?

Thanks for any suggestions,
    RR

Nick VR4

Re: 2.4 GDI Engine light problem

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rraele)</div><div class='quotemain'>The orange engine light of my european Galant 2.4 GDI (build in year 2000) Â*switches on and off every month or so. Switching off is no problem but switching on under normal driving conditions forces me to halt the car, stopping the engine and waiting for several minutes before restarting the engine, unless the car wouldn't accelerate any more (this seems to be some kind of engine protection associated to this orange light).

My Mitsubishi dealer checked the error code, worked on the car, but had not yet solved the problem.

What is wrong with this GDI engine ?
    Which parts must be replaced to solve this problem ?

Thanks for any suggestions,
    RR</div>

Hi and Welcome to the TGC
    This sounds pretty weird to me it happends every month
    I would suggest you check if your filling with petrol same place
    Octane level ?
    Are you driving hard before it happends ?
    are you in traffic ?
    Take it to another Mits garage if needed

rraele

Re: 2.4 GDI Engine light problem

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>...Octane level ?
    Are you driving hard before it happends ?
    are you in traffic ?
    </div>

Thanks for your reply,
    yes this happens in traffic under normal driving conditions (between 2000 and 4000 rpm), filled up with 98 Octane level all the time.
    Having driven this car now for about 46000 km, I have the impression that the frequency of this problem is increasing and that the engine is no more running as smooth as at the beginning, so I wonder if there is a general problem with this recent GDI technology (e.g. residues in the direct injection system) or if I am the only one having this kind of problems.

rraele

Problem solved!

The replacement of a small part of the electronic accelerator with the part number MR 578790 solved the problem.
    This part is located just near your right foot inside the car.
    After replacement the diagnostic computer was needed for reconfiguration!