The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rim size and rubbing...

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Rim size and rubbing...

Ok im kinda new to the galant scene. Ok, i tend to drive kinda fast alot and drive kinda hard.. I really want to put 20's on my car (2001 Galant 4cyl) but im worried about it rubbing while driving. Are they going to rub? if so what should i do? Smaller size...Or?

WarmAndSCSI
    Width, offset, wheel gap are the key factors. Please search next time.

Have fun driving "fast"and "hard" on 20's

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    Width, offset, wheel gap are the key factors. Please search next time.

Have fun driving "fast"and "hard" on 20's
    Yeah I don't recommend driving "fast and hard" on 20s... Drive slow homie, drive slow
    ~Lady Driven~

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Hard and fast on 20s :smt017 . Try some 17s or lower for hard and fast and 19s,20s for easy and slow.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76
    Hard and fast on 20s :smt017 . Try some 17s or lower for hard and fast and 19s,20s for easy and slow.
    how about 18"?

Quote Originally Posted by djflex167
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76
    how about 18"?
    17s 18s 19s depending on your suspension setup and tire width.

I wouldn't drive "hard" on 20s either, its rather contrary to buying 20" wheels for our cars.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    hard and fast on a galant? in a 4 cyl? LOL

Whatever you do, don't drive on Kirby, Memorial, West I10 Katy feeder roads with your twankies. It WILL DESTROY your wheels whether you hard drive it or not :shock: Just avoid it when neccessary. Oh, wait, you live on the southwest side of town.... :smt011

Good luck and find a reputable rim shop for your "monthly maintenance". You have been warned.....

get some 15x8's on some 22 inch MT slicks and go fast....oh wait, you need a motor to go fast also...
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

WarmAndSCSI
    Damn, you guys are brutal

i cant drive hard and fast on my 19s anymore. only in straight lines :( stick with 18s kid

i'm thinking of 18'' but not to drive fast though!!

i love my 18"s now. but I tell ya what, after lowering my car that much its great having ground clearance and having as little wheel gap as possible at the same time. Sure it takes more umph to get them moving but once I get that FI i dont think I will mind as much
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

How is the turning radius with 18's? I have a great deal on a set. I don't want to as much as go fast but to look good as I am cruising. :D With 18's what would be the ideal tire width to put on my 94?

Quote Originally Posted by PogiGreg
    How is the turning radius with 18's? I have a great deal on a set. I don't want to as much as go fast but to look good as I am cruising. :D With 18's what would be the ideal tire width to put on my 94?
    you shouldnt have any problems turning on 18 if your offset is close to stock i run 225/40 r18 some people run smaller i dont like to feel all those bumps