The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: problem with bov (greddy type s)

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

problem with bov (greddy type s)

i just installed my new greddy type s (yes, a real one) today. problem is that any more than 10psi and it leaks like crazy. it opens fine and the adjustment screw is all the way in. (hardest) both nipples are attached also. is there like a differnet spring for it or something for high boost? im running 22psi. there may be leaks elsewhere so ill check that first but there were no leaks before whatsoever with the stock 1g bov.
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    the spring has to be weak/damaged or installed incorrectly. Maybe you have the adjustment screw too far in, did you try backing it all the way out and start adjusting it in small increments?
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

hehe...he said nipples! LOL

Hey how much boost can a stock 1G hold? I have one, but I was thinking when I finally do my build to upgrade it to an aftermarket one. I wont run more than 10 psi I dont think. But I like added security. I am an overkill just in case type person

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

my 1g bov holds over 30psi. i just dont like the sound. the greddy one has a blown diaphram. i ordered a new one so hopefully it works
    "driving a honda is like being in the special olympics, even if u win ur still retarted"

Whats it sound like? is it quiet? Thats what I am looking for, a quiet bov that I can recirc...should be even quieter then

The 1G is only loud uncirculated, and it's just a general "psh" sound . Keep it circulated it you probably won't even notice it. I say grab a 1G evil and be happy, cheap and pretty quiet.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
    Whats it sound like? is it quiet? Thats what I am looking for, a quiet bov that I can recirc...should be even quieter then
    samething over here!! thats what i'm looking for!

ya, the 1g is quiet circulated, but mine is pretty loud being uncirculated and with 26 pounds of boost :D the 1g bov is in my talon. i have a hks ssqv in my galant and i think it has a nice sound to it also (uncirculated)

Yeah I alrady have one...I was just curious as to what it would sound like. Thanks for the heads up

bov

did it do that with only the top nipple attached because the bottom nipple cannot see vacuum...?
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

nah, the bottom nipple puts vaccum under the valve seat to hold it better. with just the top connected its worse. i should be getting the new diaphram tommorow