Now i earn over 400k a year and work 2-3 hour days
    Quote Originally Posted by dknight3
    DAMN! WHAT DO YOU DO!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    ^^ you don't wanna know
    now its my turn to ask, what do u do ??
    x2

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    with that much money you should really spend the money to have a reputable shop do it for atleast 3500 if you are keeping the same color you will be happy on the longrun as its your baby, I feel what you said though. My wife want me to trade my car in and I told her know since it was my very first car.

good for you bro!

just like you said, the G has sentimental value to you...so treat it like family and dont skimp. You might even hand it down to your kids as their first car.

My GTZ (actually my wife's) was my wedding present to her. That was our first purchase as a couple. Bought the same day we got legally married. maybe that's why we love this car so much.

GREEN is the new BLACK

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I went around to all the "McDonalds" Paint shops and some of the Independent Paint Shops when I was looking to paint one of my previous cars. From what I gathered One-A-Day had the best paint and reputation among the "McDonalds" Paint shops [i.e. Maaco, Earl Scheib, and One-A-Day.]

One-A-Day had the option for the separate clear coat like Maaco, and a 7-year Warranty. And the one's I went to were always busy with alot of customers. They used DuPont paint as well and they even had some custom cars being painted. [i.e. Lowriders and Muscle Cars.]

Alot of the Independent shops only wanted to give a 1 or 2 yr warranty! WTF?! :shock:

One of my friends had a Maaco paint job, it started fading and peeling, he took it back, they re-painted it, and it happened again. All within 1-2yr period. He ended up selling the car and left the faded paint since it was a crappy quality. :smt011

But like every1 else said, best way to get a good paint job is to either do the prep work on your own or pay some1 else separately if you go to a cheap place, and make sure they dont apply a integrated clear coat paint, but a base coat & a separate clear coat.
    Or just pay the big bucks and have it done right... :|
    Personally I would choose One-a-day and their best paint. =approx. $1000.00
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by ASTIG
    I paid $4500 for my paint job. Got all of the dings, rust out, fitted all the JDM parts. fixed all the folded parts, attached the cut lip spoiler, trimmed rear fenders, 3 stage paint.
    thats good with all the work they did on your car, but with this amount of money i could buy a 2000-02 galant gtz in good a$$ condition around here!! :D

how funny, i went to the 1 day paint website and look who is on the homepage, one of my wifes best friends...aiko! small world
    2008 BMW M5 sapphire mettalic black
    2004 Cadillac Escalade awd
    1999 Galant Gtz
    2005 Saturn Vue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123