The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How would you...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    Thought so... at least it's color-matched. But you can assume it was beat on because of the wing :?
    Hmn.. that's a good point actually. Never thought about it.
    Well the seller looks my age... perhaps a year or two older, making him 19 or 20.
    He was selling the car with the 17" rims wrapped in Toyo[the one in pics], extra winter tires/wheels, panasonic cd player, compustar alarm.. I think he changed the speakers.. and theres wires for the sub but no sub.

If I do get his 8G.. I'd most likely be selling that wing here.
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

WarmAndSCSI
    19 or 20... aftermarket wing... aftermarket wheels. Yeah, sounds like typical riceboi. That car has been beat within an inch of its life and I bet the transmission lasts you 1000-2000 miles as a result. Find another Galant

And I just know somebody is going to try to jump down my throat as usual, so I'll go on the defensive. A.) most people here with visual mods drive their cars how I would say "hard" B.) most people here wouldn't buy a car that was previously modified because they either want to make it their own or they know it was beat on previously. Small mods such as wheels, wing, stereo are good indicators of driver character.

TGC Regular
    lol. Trying my hardest to find other Gs. I thought about getting one in NY.. but not sure what trouble I have to go through to get it across the border.

The next best thing is... a silver G at the dealership. Stock everything... 4G64 with sunroof and ABS.
    (the one displayed doesn't have ABS or a sunroof).

Either that.... Or I go find a FC, 240, 300 or any other 2door.
    But why would I do that??

WarmAndSCSI
    Get the one with ABS if you're going to drive in the snow. Not all of us have the skill necessary to threshold brake.

It may be stock, but you'll get a dealership guarantee (hopefully) and you'll have the chance to make it your own.

TGC Regular
    I thought about the ABS thing at one point... I havn't seen much of a difference with and without ABS yet..

I don't really mind it being stock or not. I am just, at the moment, trying to find a good Galant to call my own...

WarmAndSCSI
    Yeah... if you know how to threshold brake in all conditions, then ABS won't save your ass, but most of the time it's gonna keep you from rearending anybody who pulls out in front of you or does something stupid.

TGC Regular
    Well...
    Parents agreed to help me get a car.. they allowed me help get me a 2door vehicle if I want.. But thing is.. There isn't a 2door vehicle that appeals to me anymore. Dad still is biased against mitsu... so... yeah.

if u really want a G, then convince them that its the car u want, tell them there isnt anything else u want etc etc..just dont find anything else lol

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted
    if u really want a G, then convince them that its the car u want, tell them there isnt anything else u want etc etc..just dont find anything else lol
    ^^^^makes a good point!

TGC Regular
    Well I've wanted a G for a long while now. And they told me they won't allow me to get a 2door vehicle for so long that... I grew to like the G even more than my previous options..
    The Celica, 240sx, 300zx, Integra, RSX, Eclipse GS-T/GSX... they don't really tickle my fancy anymore.
    It's either an RX7 [FC/FD] or a G.
    There is a small chance.. that I might be able to get a G...
    $11,000 silver 2003 Galant with sunroof and ABS. Going to go to the dealership and try to negociate with them someday.

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    11k for a 03? kinda steep dontcha think?

TGC Regular
    It is.. But it's Canada... and whats worst is that I'm in Quebec.
    All of our car prices are higher than what it should be, compared to the averages prices in our other provinces.

The cheapest I found is... $6,955 for a Silver 2003 ES with 168,000KMs.. sunroof and ABS.

i think is to much!! lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12