The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2.4l dohc N/A build

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 41
    ^ LOL, under 12psi i brake 200whp. Good Luck!
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Id be curious to see gains with the ITBs. Going to dyno it with the stock plenum, then with ITBs?
    yah its gonna go like this... get car running with stock intake manifold tune it to pass smog lol... retune it for as much power as possible after smog, dyno it... then throw on the itb's and retune the dyno it againif im not happy with the results then the direct port setup goes on and its going to be a 100 shot dry kit, i may need bigger injectors but we will see.

the fuel injectors calculator i used said the 450's are good to 230hp @ 80% iirc

i dont know what my goal is i just think it would be interesting to see what the car does with this build... my final turbo setup made 252whp it would be great to make that with this setup but that may be wishful thinking lol
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Random guesstimate, 243whp 254ftlbs with the ITBs :P

252 NA whp has got to feel much more fierce then 252 FI whp. Going to have a sweet power curve with this setup :)
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    That is amaing work Brandon..its impressive to see what you have done. I hoping you make some nice power with a built N/A. Like what Seth said...making power on N/A that you did on F/I is going to be nasty. I would love to hear that motor when you get the ITB's on. ITB's sound soo sexy...its such a sweet sound.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

252 NA whp has got to feel much more fierce then 252 FI whp. Going to have a sweet power curve with this setup :)
    i don't seem him making the torque with itb's

but definatly the hp

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

WarmAndSCSI

I dunno about a sweet power curve... he does have 272/272 cams after all. Lots of power? Yes. Good power band? No. I really think the 4G64 is going to run out of revs before you reach the full potential of those cams.

Brandon, do you have any plans to destroke the 4G64 so you can at least rev it out a little more before you start reaching dangerous piston velocities?

It's also crazy that you're using head studs on an N/A engine Had some extra money to spend? I don't know about the 4G64's head bolts, but the huge ass ones on the 6G72 will take more than 25 PSI (600-700 WHP) without any head lift.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2
    ^^ how are you gonna be NA, didn't you just pick up all the turbo parts to replace your S/C
    Yep, wasn't talking bout my car. Read it again

There's another silver Galant sitting at my house that needs some TLC that happens to belong to a friend of mine that was deployed to Iraq. Connect the dots
    Ahhh I understand now, I was once blind but now I seeeee

yah i have a evo crank sitting in my storage too the 88mm crank would make the 4g64 a 2.1 and with the 88mm bore i'd have a perfectly square engine i was reading on evom and some of the people with destroked 4g64's take the revs up to 9-10k :shock: i was gonna do it but i was worried about the transmission

my rev limit is going to be 8k i'll probably shift at 7.5, and those 272 cams will not be put to their limit in n/a form with a that im interested to see what the power curve looks like on the dyno... the 2.4 should put out good torque and the itb's should help with the top end so im thinking the dyno sheet will show more hp then tq unlike the the usual graphs where torque is higher then hp

i really dont know what to expect i'f im disappointed with the numbers the evo crank is going in and a big shot of nitrous along with it

i cant be too mad at the build i got a lot of stuff free or at a highly discounted price... and the machine work was done by a friends dad since he owns a shop. i got headstuds cheap i'm just gonna use them because they are reusable just incase i have to take the head off again for any reason
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underated
    yah i have a evo crank sitting in my storage too the 88mm crank would make the 4g64 a 2.1 and with the 88mm bore i'd have a perfectly square engine i was reading on evom and some of the people with destroked 4g64's take the revs up to 9-10k :shock: i was gonna do it but i was worried about the transmission

my rev limit is going to be 8k i'll probably shift at 7.5, and those 272 cams will not be put to their limit in n/a form with a that im interested to see what the power curve looks like on the dyno... the 2.4 should put out good torque and the itb's should help with the top end so im thinking the dyno sheet will show more hp then tq unlike the the usual graphs where torque is higher then hp

i really dont know what to expect i'f im disappointed with the numbers the evo crank is going in and a big shot of nitrous along with it

i cant be too mad at the build i got a lot of stuff free or at a highly discounted price... and the machine work was done by a friends dad since he owns a shop. i got headstuds cheap i'm just gonna use them because they are reusable just incase i have to take the head off again for any reason
    I would mess with the cams and nitrous shot before I even considered going 2.1 and revving high. I can tell you that my tranny hated 9,000RPMs, after about 2500 miles of random high RPM shifts, the synchros were starting to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Thanks thats what i was afraid of whats your rev limit now?

WarmAndSCSI
    Mad props on getting some of that stuff for so cheap/free... the DOHC swap makes finding head components a lot easier, too. 8)

yah i couldnt believe that rpw wants 600 for one cam for the sohc head i bought the whole sonata engine for 400

you could do the whole dohc swap for around 600

double post

WarmAndSCSI
    double post
    Double post 30 minutes later?

Thanks thats what i was afraid of whats your rev limit now?
    7500, I could take it to 8000, but I was advised that repeated 8000 pulls would wear/stress the internals significantly more.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

WarmAndSCSI
    Yeah, the rod ratio of the 4G64 isn't too great... you're putting lot of stress on the cylinder walls at 8000 RPM. Not to mention the piston velocity alone is staggering with a 100 mm stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    Yeah, the rod ratio of the 4G64 isn't too great... you're putting lot of stress on the cylinder walls at 8000 RPM. Not to mention the piston velocity alone is staggering with a 100 mm stroke.
    i found this on evom i would just need to find the longer rods

4g64 88mm crank DEstroker 2.1

4g64 2.1 specifications

block: 4G64

bore: 86.5mm

stroke: 88mm

deck height: 6mm

piston cross sectional area: ~5877mm^2

overall displacement: 2.068544 L

rod length: 162mm (at least for magnus's)

rod/stroke ratio: 1.84:1 (at least for magnus's)

piston speed:

88mm stroke at 8000rpm is 23.467 m/s

88mm stroke at 8500rpm is 24.93 m/s

88mm stroke at 9000rpm is 26.4 m/s

Slowboy racing sells Manley rods that are 162mm for this setup. All of what you just posted is for the 2.1 destroker. Like I said, it will work, and have better rod ratio's, but I would fear the tranny.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

WarmAndSCSI
    I'm glad the 6G72 has what's essentially an Evo VIII 5-speed in it.
    F5M51 versus W5M51. Internal components are all the same.

man that engine looks poppin!! great job u r doing!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast