The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g Nitrous Final Set-up Questions

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

8g Nitrous Final Set-up Questions

ok i now have a very good understanding of a 8g galant and its surroundings. I currently live in new york were road conditions aren't the greatest and the wheater can change in the blink of an eye. I've had my galant now for about 6 months and now i have a way better understanding of it. My galant is also used as my daily driver so i cant keep it held up in a shop for long periods of time. So i have decided to go with a zex wet direct port "55-125" shot, along with some trimmings. With this being said my questions are
    1.i understand with nitrous espically if you wanna run a 125 shot on stock 4g64, you need a fuel pump,afpr, purge kit, bottle warmer, kill switch, a/f meter, spark plugs,spark plug wires, and prob some forged aluminum pistons because the stock ones prob wont be able to handle the 125 shot safely for awhile, intake,exhaust, exhaust temp gauge, oil pressure gauge, temp gauge, nitrous pressure gauge, fuel pressure gauge?
    2.Now would i need anything else besides a proper install with a nice tune inorder for me to run a 125 shot on my stock internals with mods just prev said being done?

even before i get these parts to run nitrous ill already have my 5 speed swap done by goosey2099, I/H/E, coilover,f sway bar, r sway bar,polyurathane bushings, and a camber kit so with this setup i should have nice handling with sick response
    Any input would help thank you TGC

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    716GalantES. Hmmm...by any chance are you from Buffalo?

Yes, HeeHee :twisted:

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 716GalantES
    Yes, HeeHee :twisted:
    Ahhh.... I used to live there when I attended Buffalo State. But to answer your question, a 125 shot of nitrous on stock internals is very risky if not just nuts. I used to work at the NAPA on Wehrle drive & we sold nitruos kits there. I've gotta a friend of mine where you can get it put in & tuned.

LMFAO, I work 2 mins down the road on Lawrence bell drive selling dial up internet lol im a customer service rep and anyone in this area that knows some good car shops would be a great help!!! lol and along with someone who knows there way around a car! thanks dude it would be much appreciated!

Anyone also know if ill need a upgraded ignition such as msd? and what is the safest wet shot i could run on stock engine internals with prev mods being done on a good install and proper tune? :?