The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I'm just curious for future reference...

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar

I'm just curious for future reference...

Generally....how much does installing a body kit and paint job cost to have done. I was thinking of a two tone job. A steel/grey blue on bottom and either a light silver or an off white on top.

the options are endless depends on what kit you get, if you install it yourself or at a shop, where you get it painted, what type of paint you go with, if you got something on sale... there are a lot of variables. you gotta be more specific

i mean there are $300 paint jobs and then there are $5000 jobs
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

WarmAndSCSI
    Haha, I defended your other thread, but I'm gonna have to say "search" on this one. :D I know you probably already did, but there are answers out there.

I'd recommend calling up a local shop actually... because that's who you'll actually be paying, not an estimate from somebody on TGC.

At the bodyshop I work with, it would probably be around $2000. Half for paint, half for molding the body kit.

well normally, how easy is it to install a body kit yourself? I was looking at maybe the cyber 2/3 kit. Also maybe the TGC kit.

what else should I be more specific on?

well i'm just asking since I know people have gotten them done and I know I wont be here in town when I get a paint job.

WarmAndSCSI
    Well, you got my answer. About $2000 from a small, privately owned body shop. Just make sure to hand pick the place and you probably won't be disappointed.

if ur getting a full car paint job (including door jambs etc.), don't expect to pay less than $3000 for a "good" paint job. the kit install will probably run $1000 depending on how detailed and if you're molding etc. to have top notch work done on both, easily $5,000 (not including the kit of course). then again you can probably get an "ok" job done for less... it depends on how good of a job u want. i recomend talking to different shops and see what they have turned out in the past and talk to those owners as well.

i'm sure i will be able to install the body kit myself after i learn some stuff at school over the next 2 months and maybe learn how to prep the car myself.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe
    i'm sure i will be able to install the body kit myself after i learn some stuff at school over the next 2 months and maybe learn how to prep the car myself.
    depends on the actual mold of the kit some go on with little to no problems others have to be cut and extended etc...i would say to go with a higher company like vis and the likes to guarentee that the mold will "probroblly" be good but even still it isnt definate and at least the mold will be strong...most kits out tehre are made for jdm spec galants which are slightly different in size so some modding will most likely be necisary but like i said you cant tell untill actually trying to put the kit on the car

as far as paint for a color change done the right way with no corners cut will probroblly be in the range of 4k and up especially for a pearl coat but this would obviously depend on the shop you may have a small place that charges less and does quality work on the other hand you may not, open the phone book and call some places for approx. quotes

TGC Regular
    There's a cyber 3 kit? I thought there was just 1 or 2??
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

i thought i saw a cyber 3, i could be mistaken, so i will admit blame if i am wrong

don't blame yourself, blame it on bezzle

I payed a total of Two Grand for my G to get painted and kitted I bought the cheapest body kit from eBay.... for you it could be different..like they say, it depends homie

mine before it got molded and sprayed
    MARCH 2009 COTM
    fully interfaced with Xbox Media Center. learn more at www.xbmc.org[/b]

Ballin' on a budget

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe
    i thought i saw a cyber 3, i could be mistaken, so i will admit blame if i am wrong
    Ah I'm not goin to blame you because I don't know about Cyberkits myself... And it's not that big of a deal. I mean.. look at the keys, you could've said your fingers were over 1 button to many lol.
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream