The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g DOHC swap list

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

8g DOHC swap list

does anyone know EVERYTHING needed inorder to do the dohc swap to an 8g? or maybe even a step by step guide? because ive tryed searching everywere on here and a bunch of search engines and i havent came up with enough info to really get a good understanding of it. So what i guess im asking is does anyone know a list of everyhting i would need to due the swap? or a guide on how to do it? thank you

WarmAndSCSI
    Club3G.com

A head swap is not going to be something you get a "step by step" guide handed to you on... it's assuming A) you've already pulled the head off your car before and know where everything is at and B) by doing such an advanced modification, you can find out the little things on your own as they come up.

yah nobody has written up a how-to because if you dont know how to take the head off your car you shouldnt be doing it by yourself... but i must say if you have the parts list and the service manual you could do the swap, its not really that hard
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    I have a complete Hyundai head w/ valve cover and intake manifold for sell. PM me if your interested.................

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

hi

how much are u looking at selling the hyundai dohc head for.. and would it fit the 2003 i4 galant?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    PM him and you will find out...
    7g for life!

so how much hp does dohc head swap add
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................