The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Megan Headers, anyone?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Theres also Kamikaze header(s) but I dont know much about those. Those are like 340 bucks.
    http://kamikazeperformance.com/

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i had kamikaze's on my i4...no rasp... but were pretty loud w/ the megan catback i had on the old car...i believe when they were dynoed they showed small gains mostly on the high end (like most headers) but they are supposed to be direct fitment...i cant attest to that since my whole exhaust on that car was custom anyway

I have kamikaze headers but never used them, still new with the flange, I'm thinking about selling them. How much gain can u get out of them anyway? I'm not too sure on that .
    Racers Against Street Racing

i went with OBX's 4-2-1 header set up and a custom catback with 2.25" pipe. so i dont have a cat and the only thing in the middle of the pipe is a high flow muffler to catch back pressure.
    My car has mood swings..

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben71
    I have kamikaze headers but never used them, still new with the flange, I'm thinking about selling them. How much gain can u get out of them anyway? I'm not too sure on that .
    with supporting mods they will give you a decent increase in the higher end, but it reguardless is still a 4cyl engine so even still they wont yield any great gains, some type of tuning device would help maximize your mods too...the dyno #'s on them should be somewhere on the site tho i remember seeing them some time back

I also came across this site n couldn't resist but to make tha purchase! You can't beat it for 268 shipped. I purchased tha v6 Megan Headers and from tha feedback from Club3g.com I expect low gains but a very aggressive sound. I made a decision of reason 268 megan > or 1000 Ripp... I'll keep you posted with pictures and reviews once they arrive!

WarmAndSCSI
    In my honest opinion, those headers sound like garbage. You're going to need a fat resonator if you don't want to sound like a rice burner Civic. I didn't even like the sound from my RPW headers until I put on a 36" glasspack, and they are properly-engineered, tuned-length headers.

Well in this case lets hope your wrong...lol. I went out on a limb I saw a good deal and went for it. I have this awesome local exhaust shop that have done my custom cat-backs before and they'll work with you until your completely satisfied. So hopefully anythin' I don't like they'll be able to tweak it for me...As soon as I have them installed along with a few other things and a proper tune I'll post some sound clips, pics and what not...thanx for your input though!

WarmAndSCSI
    Don't worry, even if it sounds like crap, a glasspack will only cost you $30-50 to get put on.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Anyone w. a Megan header have any sound clips to share?

IS the kamikaze header(s) for the v6 or inline 4?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12