The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Temperature Problem

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Temperature Problem

I'm not sure if is because the cold time but my car takes almost 10 to 15 minutes to get hot already check the coolant i flush it couple of days ago
    but nothing. i don't know if is my CAI ,any clue what it myth be
    ?????????

have u checked your thermostat? i know the thermostat in my other car is stuck open so it takes forever to get the water temp to normal operating temperatures

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

definately change the thermostat and dont try to drive your car to go get it
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Intake would have nothing to do with this issue, I agree with everyone else. Get a new thermostat. My car is ready to go in 18 degree temp in 5 minutes and about 10 of constant driving to really get that nice burn your hand heat.

ok I will try to do that but . if I would it know how ? "Where's the thermostat" ? a newbie question thanx anyway

I did some research and I found these

now I wanna know where is located ??

its inside of the water inlet fitting. like where the lower radiator hose connects to the car.

i wouldn't bother buying a thermostat online. you can get a good one for cheap locally.

Finally If these is the one ?

thats how u do it.

Rastus
    I replaced the thermostat on my V6 and the new one didn't have a jiggle valve. Anybody know what its function is? The engine warms up fine, just like it always has.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastus
    I replaced the thermostat on my V6 and the new one didn't have a jiggle valve. Anybody know what its function is? The engine warms up fine, just like it always has.
    Quote Originally Posted by [url=http://www.are.com.au/feat/techt/thermostat.htm
    ARE Cooling[/url]]Thermostats are fitted with a jiggle pin that enables the system
    pressure to be stabilised so that the valve opens easier. The jiggle pin also
    allows air pockets to move past the Thermostat and the temperature to be
    regulated more efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    its inside of the water inlet fitting. like where the lower radiator hose connects to the car.
    In my knowledge, it should locate at the upper radiator hose, since it is where hot fluid coming out of engine to radiator, and my instructor told us as so.

I have a small survey question: how high is ur coolant temp. gauge do up to?

mine gauge needle never go cross the half, and I dont know if it's normal.
    03 ES 4 cyclinder
    03 ES I-4 stock
    project done:
    Self Tinted
    Self tranny fluid changed
    Self oil change
    Next protject: Timing belt change

Rastus
    Quote Originally Posted by lg2002541
    In my knowledge, it should locate at the upper radiator hose, since it is where hot fluid coming out of engine to radiator, and my instructor told us as so.

I have a small survey question: how high is ur coolant temp. gauge do up to?

mine gauge needle never go cross the half, and I dont know if it's normal.
    03 ES 4 cyclinder
    The thermostat is at the inlet, which is the lower hose. My old chevys had it at the top though, so it can be designed either way. Water pumps the same way in both designs.

My temp guage stays just barely short of center.

I have a little problem I did the installation and coolant flush now is warming too quick my gauge needle goes to the top Hot and the fan start to run maybe is because is new don't know
    any advise :cry:

Rastus
    How fast does it get that hot?
    Maybe your new thermostat is defective and stuck closed.
    If you installed it backwards it may plug the inlet. The spring goes toward the engine.
    That's all I can think of

did you double check everything to see if it was installed correctly? how about the coolant levels at both the overflow tank and radiator? did you bleed the coolant to make sure to get rid of any air pockets?