The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: anybody have .....

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    Snoopy

anybody have .....

does anybody have there front window tinted not just the top of the window shield i mean the complete thing because i was thinkg about getting it wanted to see if any one has done it in the past post pics please

Supernova
    Isn't that ilegal?

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova
    Isn't that ilegal?
    Well, many things are illegal, but we still do it...
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

bro, that's as illegal as you can get... you wouldnt last a day with your front window tinted.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

TGC Regular
    ya first cop that see's that is gona have a field day with it
    - Atba

Yeah its not worth it, my friend had it done with the lightest tint out there. But he got the front 20% and the back 5% (Camry 4 door) so having all the other windows real dark it made the front windshield look real dark, he only lasted 3 days before he got pulled over.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

It used to be legal in BAMA.. a looong time ago... like back in 1988.. I think it would be pretty stupid to do.. especially in an everyday driver..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernova
    Isn't that ilegal?
    Well, many things are illegal, but we still do it...
    your right about that..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Different states have different laws. some states will allow you to have it but it can only be a certain length. usually a couple inches. I have a friend with a GT Mustang that had the window tinted like 5 inches down from the top and like 4 inches up from the bottom. and hw was using limo tint. I swear everything from inside the car looked like it was i wide screen. Needless to say he did get pulled quite aa few times but no tickets.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

I thought it was legal in Florida cause I have seen a couple of cars from Florida with the whole front tinted.....dark too.

2000 Galant ES

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlue
    I thought it was legal in Florida cause I have seen a couple of cars from Florida with the whole front tinted.....dark too.
    A lot of things like tint in Florida you can get away with.. I know a lot of guyz who's front windshields are tinted, with 35%, no tickets..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemist aka Shane
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlue
    A lot of things like tint in Florida you can get away with.. I know a lot of guyz who's front windshields are tinted, with 35%, no tickets..
    I Think this was the answer that Snoopy was looking for:idea:

2000 Galant ES

Snoopy
    yea darkblue that was lol but that from the bottom and the top is giving me a good idea that would look nice I think i might go with that and i live in florida i just want it so i can keep the damn sun of my dash its ridiculous out here specially when my ride sits all day in the sun

karlkaniguy
    It is illegal in FL to have the whole thing tinted. From the top you can only go down to the little markings on the windshield itself (markings are usually on the drivers side)

Snoopy
    haD SOMONE Photoshop these

LionDonKing

tint

i have my front window tinted. i have never been stoped, you cant tell the window is tinted if you go with a light tint. i have 35% in the front and it looks good. most people dont know until i tell them. its also great for the glare of headlights. and keeps the car cool in the summer time. i love it. i've had it for about 1 year never been stop.

IM going to re-do mine in when my birthday comes around in the next 2 weeks..