Thread: What would my top speed be?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 45
    i was still at like 4500 rpm at 127
    Light em up.

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelman
    i was still at like 4500 rpm at 127
    You have to realize that just because your have more revs remaining, your engine may not necessarily be able to overcome the force of drag past that point. If I estimated my top speed at redline in 5th gear, then the top speed of my Galant is about 185-190 - would I ever attempt that? No.

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
    I did 120mph with a messed up auto, I havent really tested the 5 speed....only about 115 so far. The only thing I dont like is how high the rpm's are at 100+ I dont know, just think it should be lower. Oh and if you had a '96 like me...you wouldnt have a speed governor! :twisted:
    my 97 that was manufactured in nov 96 isn't governed

what are you revs at 65mph? mine are about 2800 in 5th and at about 120 i'm sitting around 4300

ever since the clutch blew and i put the lightened flywheel the car pulls much harder and easier at top end

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You guys are weak sauce.

I've been up to 140 (indicated) with a (willing) passenger. Downhill, probably with a tail wind. I don't have a picture of that, I do have a picture of this:

Yes, it's an Automatic.

Real world speed was calculated to be 133 mph with the tires and gearing.

I'm guessing your car can go faster, being DOHC.
    1996 Galant S

Did I forget to mention that 140 was going UPHILL...

222whp/250wtq

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant Kid
    You guys are weak sauce.
    Your Galant doesn't even move

Oh wow, you took a picture of your speedometer while traveling 130+ mph. How brave! Seriously guys, I might have been almost 170 in my Galant before on an empty interstate, but some actions demonstrated in this thread are just STUPID.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4THA7-nvTT8
    The G could easyli pass 200km/h and on the papers she does about 220km/h. The 2nd gear goes up to 115-120km/h before the rev limiter kicks in :twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    You guys are weak sauce.

Oh wow, you took a picture of your speedometer while traveling 130+ mph. How brave! Seriously guys, I might have been almost 170 in my Galant before on an empty interstate, but some actions demonstrated in this thread are just STUPID.

I tried to add some humor with words, gimme a break, dude.

I don't think your Galant counts [in this thread] since for one, it's an 8g, and it's also heavily modified.

Have a nice day. :)
    1996 Galant S

WarmAndSCSI
    I forgot to add that most of your stock or equivalent tires are only rated to 130 mph. That means after 130 mph, it's SIMPLY NOT SAFE to drive on the tires. Don't do stupid shit - I don't want to see anybody from TGC on the news for getting into a 130 mph accident.

WarmAndSCSI
    You guys are weak sauce.

I tried to add some humor with words, gimme a break, dude.

I don't think your Galant counts [in this thread] since for one, it's an 8g, and it's also heavily modified.

Have a nice day. :)
    It doesn't matter what car I'm talking about, it matters that what I'm saying is that, yes I've driven that fast before, but it doesn't mean it's not FUCKING RETARDED.

I'm not giving you a break.

Dude, leave it alone.
    1996 Galant S

either way, i pinned the needle on my 7g at 140, and still had room to go, Bronxbombr did the same I beleive

Quote Originally Posted by shovelman
    i know itll do 127mph.
    it's not USDM, so we don't know what the limiter is set at or if it even has one.

I forgot to add that most of your stock or equivalent tires are only rated to 130 mph. That means after 130 mph, it's SIMPLY NOT SAFE to drive on the tires. Don't do stupid shit - I don't want to see anybody from TGC on the news for getting into a 130 mph accident.
    my steelies if you go past 90 the car feels like your going off road. thats why i like the steelies, after 75 it starts to shake :shock: so i keep in check

with my rims and tires over 120 and not a peep from the car

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

i hit 135MPH when i first got the car(stock, havent tried it since) and it would just not go any higher, so it tops at around 135MPH unless u are in the rockies and goign straight downhill :S

I think I should add, the original poster actually has an 8th gen Galant, not a 7th gen Galant - think he (or she) was confused by the year label of the 7g forums. It will be a jap import EA3A model with about 165hp.

Specs of said car here - http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/mi.../1998_8/16110/

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by fuel
    I think I should add, the original poster actually has an 8th gen Galant, not a 7th gen Galant - think he (or she) was confused by the year label of the 7g forums. It will be a jap import EA3A model with about 165hp.

Specs of said car here - http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/mi.../1998_8/16110/
    Good catch.

Hey guys, i havent been on in a while. BUT.
    My 5spd 7g was taken up to 147mph before i sold it
    My GS-T has been taken up to 165mph

At around 115-120mph, my 7g feels too unstable to go any further, never tried a speed run since.

i got mine up to 160 in 5th and it was at 3500 rpm if thats an constellation lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast