The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fill in those 3 diamonds

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    MrDomu

Fill in those 3 diamonds

Has anyone done this, I did it earier this year and they have held up to a lot of driving, weather and washings. If you have not done this it was easy. Clean erea to be painted. Put masking tape over erea. With nice sharp razor, cut out masking tape where the diamonds are. Primer and let dry, paint and let dry. Your done.

Who likes or dislikes it?

I painted mine too. I just used a touch up brush and some patience. I like the way it looks it alot better, personally. Minor, but nice. Did the same with the steering wheel logo.

MrDomu
    Can you post a pic of the steering wheel logo?

MitGalant
    i've done it on the factory fifteens..not bad.. the color is still on after a month...will try to do the steering wheel next

Tiller
    adds a nice touch...

I did the same thing on my stock GTZ rims, except I used red reflective tape to fill in the diamonds. Still on after 3 months of washings with no peeling or fading. Also looks sweet. Just need an exacto knife and you're set. Saw the same diamonds on sale at Ebay for $9 a set. Reflective tape was $1.99 a roll.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Guys don't paint masking tape.

Go here: www.VelocityGraffix.com they sell a Triple Diamond Vinyl Decal that fits our rims, and comes in many different colors.

Dave, I don't think he painted the masking tape. He just masked the diamonds and the surrounding area, then cut out the masking tape on the diamonds and painted the wheels.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dave, I don't think he painted the masking tape. He just masked the diamonds and the surrounding area, then cut out the masking tape on the diamonds and painted the wheels.

Chip</div>

hehe, yeah, prolly shoulda re-read it but i'm tired i worked all night (10pm - 7am :shock: ) and i'm tired.

Either way i'm gonna use vinyl.

MrDomu
    Correct, I did NOT paint the masking tape