The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4" Magnaflow **LOCK**

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 51 of 51
    WarmAndSCSI
    If you boost, you're going to want a different muffler with a 3" inlet and core. Don't worry too much about it now - you'll need to dump money into your exhaust again if you ever boost it.

If you just want it to look nice, get a nice exhaust finishing tip welded on.

wait.. what did he get now? I thought it was a 3in/3out/3"core?
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099
    wait.. what did he get now? I thought it was a 3in/3out/3"core?
    The OP or spdrcr? I think the muffler that the OP bought is a 2.25" in, 2.5" core and 4" out Magnaflow.

ahh, ok. Stock replacement waste of money!
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    yea its between 2.25-2.5 inlet, which i ASSUME is to put it INTO the stock piping and not around rite? please correct me if im wrong and the outlet is 4"

WarmAndSCSI
    The muffler shop will probably expand the inlet of the muffler and slip it over your old exhaust or just butt-weld it after cutting off the old muffler.

my unlce might do it bcuz he has all the stuff to

depends on if hes in texas already or not tho

ive heard of clamping it tho... is welding better?

WarmAndSCSI
    Unless the exhaust has slip joints, clamping is a poor solution and you'll always have exhaust leaks.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I don't care if your car can make a farting sound your still as slow as you were before. Thats that, Thats all i have to add to this.

Also remember that a lot of this guys buy exhaust for sound, not performance. I know I did it when I was young, we just called them Fart Cans

i think i have to add to this thread.. I'm runnign a 3" turbo back custom piping all the way to a 3" magnaflow mufler with a 5" tip(oops) and it sounds real nice. Nice and quiet untill i open it up. I would never suggest putting that on a car that is not turboed/supercharged. On a side note installing exhaust/muflers/headers/intake/performance chips/filters/thicker sparkplug wires/NAWS!! sticker without actual ecu retune/engine work is PURE a waste of money. if you aren't boosting, save money and do it the right way. I don't care if your car can make a farting sound your still as slow as you were before. Thats that, Thats all i have to add to this. BTW this is comming from a person that had all those upgrades done multiple time.
    thats how i would like mines to be!

me and a friend did the muffler today, it doesnt go striaght into the space cut in the bumper, but im going to make something another day to fix that, its not SUPER loud, but its too quite bcuz my stock piping has TWO resonators in it. but it looks nice and will look better once i get it lined up with the whole, the piping we had to use wasnt perfect, so we had to do our best

good learning experience for me tho

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123