The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ABS hydraulic unit

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

ABS hydraulic unit

my abs light is on and i was told by my mechanic that it is the abs hydraulic unit. the part alone is about 1 grand. i have a 1999 galant gtz. anyone on this board have a source for this part at a more reasonable price? how much should the labor for the install be?
    2008 BMW M5 sapphire mettalic black
    2004 Cadillac Escalade awd
    1999 Galant Gtz
    2005 Saturn Vue

WarmAndSCSI
    Brand new part is $903 MSRP from the dealer. MitsubishiParts.com has it for $700 which is pretty close to at cost. Not going to get much cheaper than that for Mitsubishi Genuine parts. The labor for the install will be at least a couple hundred as it involves disconnecting and connecting the brake lines at the modulator and then bleeding all 4 brakes. Think the cost of a brake job but quite a bit extra because the mechanic has to work on the ABS system as well.

For your reference, the two part numbers I pull for the ABS modulator for a Cali-spec 1999 GTZ are:
    MR249980 and MR307331. They very well could be the same part (one superseded the other maybe) but the only distinguishing note on the MR307331 is "C32." Last time I asked my dealership what those notes meant, they weren't able to tell me. It's probably a reference to a TSB or something. If ManyBrews were around he could clear that up.

exactly why my G's dont have ABS
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

is the proper term for this part the abs hydraulic unit or abs pump module?
    2008 BMW M5 sapphire mettalic black
    2004 Cadillac Escalade awd
    1999 Galant Gtz
    2005 Saturn Vue

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by aznronin
    is the proper term for this part the abs hydraulic unit or abs pump module?
    Mitsubishi calls it a Modulator or a Hydraulic Unit, Brake. It's really the only thing in the ABS system that costs that much, so don't worry about ordering the wrong item.