The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: For you gearheads who like shiny stuff

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    WarmAndSCSI

For you gearheads who like shiny stuff

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/15/d...utaway-display

I'm not going to rehost all of those pics, so enjoy!

I really respect GM for being able to design and mass-produce a pushrod engine that can put out good power and rev to the moon. Too bad that particular configuration is only for the Corvette ZR1.

is that the intercooler? at the top?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    Yeah, it's integrated into the posi-displacement blower assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    Yes, beautiful setup. I'll have pictures of my own on the 27th. 8)

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    BS :P

Really? I kind of want one too, but not right now. They'll depreciate quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    BS :P

Really? I kind of want one too, but not right now. They'll depreciate quickly.
    Well, I meant the engine cutaway. I'll be attending the autoshow then.

But I don't know maybe I should get a ZR1. Actually compared to cars like the Ferrari F430, or Lamborghini Gallardo its a MUCH BETTER BUY.

ill have one of these mounted sideways in my galant by the end of the year lol
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

WarmAndSCSI
    I'd take a ZR1 or even a Z06 over most exotics... I'm not in it for the class.

I guess I should have figured that out though since you said the 27th... :oops: of next December maybe?

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

They where also smart and didnt drive the water pump off the blower gears

:cough:bmw:cough:mini:cough:cough:
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

I hope they have some decent stuff like this @ the Chicago Show :D

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead

Their water pump is seriously driven off the gears in the blower? How stupid is that...

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead

Their water pump is seriously driven off the gears in the blower? How stupid is that...
    Yes, it gets more interesting when the oil level in the blower is neglected.

It gets very interesting.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Experienced TGC Member

I know you guys may not believe me...but i coulve sworn i saw this damn car on the road :shock: I was heading back from a funeral in NC. And somewhere along the Garden State Parkway we pulled alongside a blue vette. It had the same CF roof. And the same ZR1 decals on the fender. At first i was thinkin WTF is a ZR1? But when we stopped at a rest stop i saw the new Road and Track mag with the ZR1 on the cover! :shock: Could this have been some GM rice boy??? I dont know. I doubt it though. :?

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by 6G72Galant

I know you guys may not believe me...but i coulve sworn i saw this damn car on the road :shock: I was heading back from a funeral in NC. And somewhere along the Garden State Parkway we pulled alongside a blue vette. It had the same CF roof. And the same ZR1 decals on the fender. At first i was thinkin WTF is a ZR1? But when we stopped at a rest stop i saw the new Road and Track mag with the ZR1 on the cover! :shock: Could this have been some GM rice boy??? I dont know. I doubt it though. :?
    I'd believe it if you lived in Michigan... automakers like to go drive their concept and prototype cars around. Usually the design is obfuscated somehow, but since the ZR1 has already been launched, I guess it's possible. Did it have auto maker plates from Michigan on it?

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72Galant

I'd believe it if you lived in Michigan... automakers like to go drive their concept and prototype cars around. Usually the design is obfuscated somehow, but since the ZR1 has already been launched, I guess it's possible. Did it have auto maker plates from Michigan on it?
    Yup, my favorite fun fact of living in Michigan. I see nearly all the prototypes driving for general road tests all over SE Michigan.

Though you guess right, the auto magazines drive them everywhere when testing. Infact the photographers generally take the car home! I used to have a good friend (whom I haven't seen in years) whose dad worked for Car And Driver. Needless to say I got rides in some sweet cars, one being the final year C4 ZR1.

Its funny when you come upon a prototype thats masked up and you follow it...

During the summer I see a ton of cars that are masked out here, they are all out on their way to death valley for testing. Last summer I followed some new Infiniti sedan on the freeway about 20 miles. There were two of them, a blue one and a silver one and I spotted them a few times that week driving around town.
    Love,
    Matt

Experienced TGC Member
    It had no front plate. I didnt get a chance to see the rear plate because i didnt notice the car until we had pulled up alongside it. But i think it mightve been a test model or something. It had the CF roof, and looked just like that pic. Wish i had a camera to snap a pic. :oops: