The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: muffler questions

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

muffler questions

ok currently my setup is N/A 5 speed on nitrous and i was thinking about getting a Megan catback because its very cost worthy. but my question is does it come with a cata converter? if not would it be ok to get a magnaflow 1? and if so what are the diameters i would be looking for? i was also was thinking about using obx headers because alot of other 8gs use them and from what i hear there also very efficient. So i guess what my overall question is with the headers and muffler setup im planning would this all work well with the 5 speed and nitrous? Thank You any input is much needed!!!

WarmAndSCSI
    No catback in the world comes with a catalytic converter. Hence the name "catback." Everything to the rear of the cat.

OBX headers are not a high quality product and are probably far from "efficient."

Of course these items will work on your car, or else companies wouldn't sell them... What exactly do you want to know? Horsepower gains? I expect you'd gain 10-15 HP with the catback and OBX headers.

Seriously, I think you can find all of your answers by searching, but it's really hard to answer when there's no clear question. :?

LOL it always seems like you post on my questions all the time! thanks for the input but no need for the attitude we were all noobs at one point in time! but anyways to clearfiy my question for you, what sizes would i need if i could use a cata? Thank You

WarmAndSCSI
    What sizes of what? Your thread title is "muffler questions" and we're not even talking about mufflers here. What do you want to know?

What is a cata? I assumed you meant catalytic converter when I first posted... you do realize your car has one stock and you don't need to replace it.

If you want to see my "attitude," just keep that eye rolling bullshit up. Leave your preconceived notions out of this if you actually want answers.

WarmAndSCSI
    Okay... I think I finally deciphered what you want to know, but I'm probably still wrong.

You're saying that you want to buy a catback exhaust and replace your stock main catalytic converter at the same time with a Magnaflow HFC. You'll need welding done in order for this to happen since the main catalytic converter is part of the downpipe. The stock downpipe diameter is 2.25" so that's the size you want for the catalytic converter. The Megan catback is whatever size they make it in - I think roughly 2.25" also.

Seriously, in the future, if you actually want help don't make people work to try to understand what you're asking for. What you posted is just nonsense.

edit: okay, I just looked it up and the Megan Racing Drift Spec (for a FWD car, nonetheless) catback is 2.5" piping with a 2.25" inlet. You'll need to have an exhaust shop weld up the HFC to the downpipe with a new 2.25" flange at the back or reuse the stock flange so that the Megan catback can bolt right up.

WOW WTF IS UR PROBLEM! im asking a simple question no need for the attuide once again! i understand we have a stock cata but its always good to upgrade, what i was wondering was with a full setup for a muffler include headers,cata, and muffler? and if so what are the diamiters i would need for a N/A 5speed on nitrous? Thank You! TGC And who are you my dad?

WarmAndSCSI
    What fucking attitude? Would you read what I posted before you piss yourself!?

It's hard to understand what you're typing, that's all
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Sorry for the attuide in return im just sick of gear heads making fun of noobs instead of helping! But Thank You for your answers once again! :D

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by 716GalantES
    Sorry for the attuide in return im just sick of gear heads making fun of noobs instead of helping! But Thank You your answers answered my questions and thanks again! :D
    We're not making fun of anybody. Seriously think out your questions before you post. What you have to ask may be helping other people and they'll be fucking lost if they try to understand this shit.

The suggestions I posted are contingent on the OBX headers having a 2.25" downpipe outlet flange also, which I'm guessing they do since they're a bolt in.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

There is alot of good information on this site and alot of questions have been asked and answered already. Do some research before asking away, its greatly apprechiated and leads to a less cluttered forum. Thats all we ask, besides checking your grammer.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    if you want help, i would just say a good rule of thumb is proof read your post before posting

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe
    if you want help, i would just say a good rule of thumb is proof read your post before posting
    Yes.

cool, so i guess what your saying is ill need a shop to do the work because it involves welding the cata to the muffler? but is headers,cata, and a muffler system the only things i need for a very good and reliable setup?

WarmAndSCSI
    cool, so i guess what your saying is ill need a shop to do the work because it involves welding the cata to the muffler? but is headers,cata, and a muffler system the only things i need for a very good and reliable setup?
    That's a full exhaust setup, so yes. That's the best you can have minus the individual component selection. You WILL need to have a shop weld in a muffler before the catback flange on the OBX downpipe that comes with the header.

Sorry if my grammer isnt the best i was never a great speller! but anyways thank you all for the input

could you guys maybe suggest a better setup then what ive already came up with? im trying to find the best setup that would help with my stock internals N/A 5 speed on nitrous? Thank You once again!

could you guys maybe suggest a better setup then what ive already came up with? im trying to find the best setup that would help with my stock internals N/A 5 speed on nitrous? Thank You once again!
    I dont know much about the catback you posted up, but look at the RPW header, it can be found on www.tearstone.com.

Dude, we arent trying to make you type like an english major, just clean it up a bit and fix your typo's. The last two posts have been much better.

WarmAndSCSI
    Ignore the 5 speed and nitrous, it's inconsequential since the nitrous isn't on all the time.

Better headers include: CMF and RPW. Even the Megan header is better than the OBX.

It's not so much your grammar as it is that your question wasn't specific enough to begin with. If you ever want an answer, you need to be clear on what you want answered.

thank ill deff look into those headers for shere, but ill deff also try working on "clearifing" myself and my grammer thank you