The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo Spoiler **LOCK**

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 34
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar

Evo Spoiler **LOCK**

Evo Spoiler fits and looks good if you like that look

to sum it up:
    dont buy from ebay unless its a good brand name, it will just get weak and brake, check EvoM to see if they have any for sale if you want one

real evo spoilers are build on a carbon fiber frame the whole middle rack is CF while ebays are painted black also the sides on the real evo spoilers I'd u strip the side paint theirs gf behinds their aswell. I beleve their 1k at dealer but check evom.com for evo guts selling for like 400-500
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

well i dont need a REAL carbon fiber one, so ebay is fine rite?

if its just there for looks, a good quality/good fitting one from ebay should be fine.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Sure, why not
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    if its just there for looks, a good quality/good fitting one from ebay should be fine.
    bcuz it wont really have any wear and tear bcuz its not like i can hit a curb with it

correct me if im wrong

one thing i like is to be corrected when im wrong, so in any of my threads please do that

Well if you ask any of those EvoM forum guys, majority will tell you if you want a quality evo spoiler, stay away from ebay because after time, and being beat up through seasons, they aren't as sturdy as the day you installed it. There are 1 or 2 members on TGC that went that route and after a year+ of installing it, at high speeds[65mph+], claim that it wobbles and makes a little creak noise. So it required re-securing repairs.

If you don't feel like putting out 300+ for a stock one, do some heavy searching, scour forums, ask around,etc and you may get lucky. Lots of Evo part outs on EvoM btw.

don't get an EVO spoiler. it would look out of place on your car. you need to have way more modding and a full kit for it to look good. get something else... the wing should be one of the last things u do (if ever). nice wheels and a drop would make your car look 100x better than leaving it the way it is now and adding a wing.

^^^cosigned

2001 5 speed 4g64T

yeah dont put it if ur car is stock...i did, looked like an airplane wing :D

IMHO after having it for a while, its Huge and im glad i took it off

best spoiler for an 8g is the stock

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    don't get an EVO spoiler. it would look out of place on your car. you need to have way more modding and a full kit for it to look good. get something else... the wing should be one of the last things u do (if ever). nice wheels and a drop would make your car look 100x better than leaving it the way it is now and adding a wing.
    i have 18's, my sig has my stocks, but i have a few plans going on rite now as i get the money, the evo spoiler would go on after i get my body kit for sure, i just like a bigger spoiler compaired to the stock gtz, i cant/wouldnt do a drop, i know the wheel gap is ugly but i have speed bumps and they will be a problem if i get lowered

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted
    yeah dont put it if ur car is stock...i did, looked like an airplane wing :D

IMHO after having it for a while, its Huge and im glad i took it off

best spoiler for an 8g is the stock
    idn, i guess, i like the GTZ spoiler too, but i like the evo one more

u really dont have problems on speed bumps being dropped, my car is low and i havent had any problems

u really dont have problems on speed bumps being dropped, my car is low and i havent had any problems
    one of the speedbumps bottoms out already, i try to avoid that one as much as possible

WarmAndSCSI
    Wait, what? :?

Speedbumps should be outlawed. They serve no purpose whatsoever. If people want to drive like idiots, they're gonna do it whether or not there's a bump in the road because they're probably driving some huge SUV in which you wouldn't even notice going over a 4 inch bump.

maybe its cuz there isnt many roads around me with speed bumps

WarmAndSCSI
    maybe its cuz there isnt many roads around me with speed bumps
    Neither here, but I still hate them. I shouldn't have to make a 60 degree approach everywhere I go just because my car isn't an SUV or a truck.

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    shit, i'm not as low as you guys and i bottom out once in a while, but they got some ridiculous sized speed bumps here...

since i put my teins on, i havent bottomed out

there is seriously one SB that when i hit it it scraps the whole bottom of my car, that shit is rediculus, so i try to avoid that one, then they have these that are HUGE in the center and small at the sides, so i have to far out to the side to not bottom out, but the plows took one of those out during the last storm lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast