The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OEM Fog Lights

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

OEM Fog Lights

Today I spent the afternoon at the junk yard, and I came across a good find. I found a 94 Galant with OEM lights. I didn't need the lights because I already have a set. ***mod edit*** Anyway, what I wanted was the fog light control. Luckily for me, the controls were still intact, and I was able to get it.

Now, what I am wondering is if the fog light wiring is aready there. All I have to do is plug them up. Does anyone know? I went to a few Galants at the junk yard that did not have fog lights. When I went inside, and pulled back that panel, the plug is there. What do you think?

should be pre-wired, my 7g was

Lucky you man

So far no luck. I don't see any existing wires for the Fog lights.

they are usually taped into the factory harness. the connectors shoudl still be there.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Well, after taking off my bumper last weekend, I found there are no hidden wires for OEM fogights. So what I ended up doing was fabbing up a togge switch into the stock location.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PogiGreg View Post
    Well, after taking off my bumper last weekend, I found there are no hidden wires for OEM fogights. So what I ended up doing was fabbing up a togge switch into the stock location.

i've heard mixed accounts about the wiring being there or not. I thought it was. But the fog light relay is not a difficult task. Good job if all is working good.
    -Pedro

Question i know he said he didn't find his wiring is there wiring on all models prior to 97-98 cause they dont have the same bumbper with the fog light holes? I grabbed 3 pairs of the factory lights and switches and i was looking and noticed that the wholes on the bumpers were different.

I still need the brackets to mount the damn lights. I have my fogs, car is already wired...just need to be able to mount them

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

All of the G's are supposed to have the brackets. They are on the bumper support.

no, they do not come with the brackets...when i had my 7g i had gotten the fogs with the brackets, car was pre-wired as well

^^What he said. Mine didnt have fogs that came with the car so I dont have brackets. I need to get some but I cant find the part number. I think TJ had given it to me...but I moved! God knows where that paper is now. If anyone can look it up i'd appreciate it. The last Mitsu parts I went to didnt have a clue...he said it attaches to the bumper. Moron.

Bleh just missed you on AIM evil. By chance are you talking about the brackets that mount to the crash bar for the fog lights? If so my ES had them, although the fogs weren't there. If that's what you're talking about I have the stock un-used ones sitting in the trunk since Stunr sent me his with them.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

^^^Yeah...basically they mount to the "bumper" or I guess the crash bar and hold em in place. You have a set I could really use em!