The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EVO X For Sale Now

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Showing results 81 to 83 of 83
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I finally got to test drive a Evo X today. Every Evo X that had came in was presold and of course they wouldn't let any test drives with presold units. They had 1 evo that wasn't sold yet so my a salesman that I have been cool with ever since I started shopping for my fiance's Endeavor gave me a call. Called me up yesterday to come by today to take a test drive on the only unsold Evo X that was coming off a truck this morning. I showed up early and he met up and he had already had the keys in his hands and had it parked towards the back.

It was a Graphite Grey GSR with the site and sound package with the navigation, but no aero kit. Mitsubishi has stepped up their game on the Evo in almost every aspect I can think of. The interior is a step WAY up from the previous generation. The materials used are super nice and clean. I don't know why some of the people that "seen the car in person" say the plastics used still look cheap..but IMO they aren't. The placement of the shifter, A/C controls, and overall any of the controls of the car are soo user friendly. The gauges are light years better than the previous Evo....its a work of art just to look at. The M/T shifter doesn't look as nice as the previous generation Evo, but I like how its placed.

The Recaro's are sooo freakin nice. The lateral support is better than the previous Evo Recaros, but personal opinions on this will vary depending on body sizes. Top notch stitching and materials..but the Evo IX Recaros look more visually appealing compared to the X. It seems Mitsu did there homework and considering the interior doesn't seem alot bigger than the previous Evo, it has more leg room and feels a bit more "spacious".

Now when you test drive the car and you are actually driving this beautiful piece of machinary is where you can make the day and night differences of the Evo X and Evo VII/VIII/IX....especially if you have owned one previous or have rode or drove a previous Evo enough times to know how the car really was. The Evo X is SOLID...i mean its is quiet inside, almost high end luxury car quiet. Compared to the previous Evo's...the car feels much more better and bolted tightly where the previous Evo felt like a tin can with rattles randomly here and there. Steering feel is very responsive much like the previous Evo...you feel like the car is communication with you still. We took some inner city road turns and 2 on ramp and off ramp highway turns at decent speeds enough to get a "real" feel of the car. This thing GRIPS like hell....and understeer is a word erased within the Lancer Evolution X vocabulary and even with hard corning, and turning the car manages to stay solid.

Now for the motor impressions. The car feels awsome on straightline acceleration..but doesn't feel as fast at the previous Evo's, but that is most likely due to its heavier weight, but easily fixed with a 20hp gain. When boost hits...it has a nice and consistant linear powerband which feels SWEET but then again I liked the raw boost "whiplash" you got with the previous Evo in STOCK form. Then again we didn't fully go crazy with the powerband because there is a breakin period. The highest RPM we hit was 5000rpms and that was only on 4th gear, babying 1st-3rd gears. Even with the fly by wire throttle control...it still feels like it was cable. There wasn't no "delay" throttle response...it felt good.

I can't say enough about the Evo X.....after test driving I am pretty much sold and over the fence on deciding whether to buy a X or a IX. It is a awsome car and if you are impressed already from what you read and see about what owners say about their Evo X and all the 4b11t response to mods already from AMS, Turbotrix, Vishnu, AGP, etc shops with their shop Evo X's....go out and test drive one and you will solidify your positive impressions that you may have from reading and seeing from those that are lucky enough to own one now.

When I was done and got back into -G-rim, I already felt spoiled with the better build quality, technology, and modern engineering and design of the Evo X that it was more that obvious that before I drove the car that -G-rim was a OLD car and my Galant VR4 was even older. In all honestly though with all the great things I said about the Evo X, my 7g is still fun the drive...you can't beat the feeling of a lighter car and being able to toss it around and how it feels. With my 91 Galant VR4...well, while the Evo X is MUCH MORE refined power....there is that unbeatable feeling of RAW power nastiness my Galant VR4 displays when boost hits.

My next car WILL be a Evo X and I can't wait till that day. I guess I will have to start saving my pennies and hopefully next year i will own one.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

we got 4 in at my job today, 3 of them were $40,998 and the other 1 was $44,992, and thats not even the mr, all of those are just the evo x gsr (base model evo for the x)

dam thats nice car O.o

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345