You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar

Want opinions

Im looking to maybe sell my wheels and upgrade to this:

VOLK RACING GT-V WHEEL
    19X8, 5X114.3
    OFFSET 49mm
    COLOR: TITANIUM GUNMETAL
    PRICE 2739=4 WHEELS

Input on that would be appreciated and also what tire would look good wrapped around those. This is what they look like intstalled on a legnum.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    those do look nice, but i personally wouldnt pay that price, but it would look real good, try to do a chop and see if you like it

WarmAndSCSI
    In all reality, those are showcar wheels, especially in the 19" version. Work makes an identical wheel called the Emotion CR Kai and Rota makes their own interpretation called the Torque. If you're going to be daily-driving this car, I would seriously go for some knock-offs (Work wheels are actually not cheap in their own right, but they are no Volks) so you don't accidentally trash a set of $3000 wheels.

Well my 02 is and will always be a garage queen/show car. That's why I'm putting expensive stuff on it. I would not spend 300 on strut bar and momo stuff if I was going to make it a daily car. I have 4 other daily cars to use. I don't want knock offs, I just wanted to get peoples input on these wheels. I would pay 5000 on set of wheels if they are nice and I like them. I just bought this car in June and think I did alot to it in this short time. I predict to have it done in like 4 years the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant
    those do look nice, but i personally wouldnt pay that price, but it would look real good, try to do a chop and see if you like it

They look hot on that legnum so...

yea, sometimes i forgot that my money coming in is different from other peoples since im only 17, but hey, if you got the money go for it, i think if your 02 is your show car, do it up dont go cheap. they do look sick on that car so will most likely look awesome on yours too

i say go for it

I wouldn't even have 19s on a daily car period simply because I want it to be just that, a daily car and not have to worry about pot holes, train tracks etc. I would get 17s for my daily. I had the 19s I have now on my daily for one day and and the ride was changed drastically. I did not like it at all. It's a show car in te making, It's not one yet. One day at a time.

thats all you gotta do is take everything one day at a time, youll get there at some point and it will be a proud moment knowing that you did most of the work, even with a little help here and there

i cant wait to see it and the progress of your work as you post it

i too have many plans, but i have to remember mine is my DD thats why i wont drop it, or do anything so big to it that ill loose it

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    mine is my daily and is copletely modded... its dropped on CO and on 19's (except for winter) and i live in ny trust me there are plenty of potholes and crappy roads here plenty more then CT

on topic... they are nice wheels i say go for it

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you got it get them.................now

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

Have to sell my wheels first and after that...

WarmAndSCSI
    I think the Nitto Invo's would be an excellent choice for a show car. Reelax is running them right now.

very nice choice of wheels dude.
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

if i was in your position i would get those wheels.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I think they look good as well, Expensive, but like you said its a show car, which will win you points in a show so, "DOO IT!!! DOOO IT!!!"
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    I think the Nitto Invo's would be an excellent choice for a show car. Reelax is running them right now.

Yeah these are hot as hell just like the wheels. NITTO INVOs $728 all 4 tires. Thats how much I paid for the tires I have now.

Get the wheels, chances are you will never sell them in the long run. I own 4 sets of rims and ill never sell them. 2 volks, 1 ssr, 1 5zigen. and if i do sell them, i sell them to close friends who i know will keep them and if any chance i want them back ill buy it back from them. They are nice rims, but i say shop around...you might get lucky and find a set for less in mint condition used for 1500 or so.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Thats my problem though, I want most everything i buy new. Specially wheels, I want the road hazard and all, plus I'm very picky. I don't like something that someone else used, for my daily car, sure why not but this is my project that I will probably leave to my son and I want the best for it. Certain things are OK used, mirrors, bumpers but hoods, trunks, wheels, tires stereo equipment, transmission and parts I rather spend more and eliminate headaches. Know what I mean.

i hear ya. I say whichever shop youre gonna buy it from. bring cash. you might get away without paying taxes or lowball them for a couple hundred bucks less than what they are selling for. its always worth the try. good choice with the rims btw
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Re: Want opinions

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76
    Im looking to maybe sell my wheels and upgrade to this:

VOLK RACING GT-V WHEEL
    19X8, 5X114.3
    OFFSET 49mm
    COLOR: TITANIUM GUNMETAL
    PRICE 2739=4 WHEELS

Input on that would be appreciated and also what tire would look good wrapped around those. This is what they look like intstalled on a legnum.

those are NOT VOLK RACING GT-V's, they look like they are WORK EMOTION CR KAI:

VOLK RACING GT-V's are forged, multi piece wheels. here they are:

also i suggest 19x8 +40mm mid type (remember i'm running 19x8.5 +48mm mid type VR SF-Winning). if you wanna run the evo8 brembos ur gonna need 19x8 +30mm high type (CALI has that fitament for VR SF-Challenge and evo8 brembo).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast