The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g oil feed ?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

7g oil feed ?

Where are you pulling the oil feed from? The oil filter housing or where the oil pressure sender screws in?

WarmAndSCSI
    It's up to you. Unless there is a clearance problem on the 7G, you can use a sandwich adapter on the oil filter. GReddy makes one of these: http://tearstone.com/shop/2004+-Lanc...ese-Makes.html.

Otherwise, you can use a regular old plumbing T to split off the oil pressure sender hole.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I am pulling the oil feed from the oil filter housing. There is a plug on the oil filter housing which requires some heating to remove. This is a pic from when I installed the setup a couple of years ago. You can see and get a idea where the location of where the oil filter housing the turbo is getting the oil feed.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

if you haven't started the turbo install yet....

then go drive around, get yoru motor good and hot. then put it on stands and use a proper sized hex drive 3/8" socket
    then loosen the galley plug.
    back it out enough so that a little oil drips from the orifice.
    then tighten it back up.

when it comes time to do the turbo install, and your motor has been sitting cold all day(or for a few days depending on the complexity and your skill level)
    you'll be glad that it had already been broken loose.
    and you won't have to torch it.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I am a mechanic and luckily I have the shop at my disposal whenever I need it, so its all good. Thanks for the tip though.