The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Nitrous on my mind..............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30
    silverlightning

Nitrous on my mind..............

all of a sudden I have nitrous on my brain, tax return time is coming and thinking about going either a 50 shot dry, zex or nx, anybody have any input that could sway me to get it or stay away from it, thanks

WarmAndSCSI
    You could try searching because there have been more threads about the benefits and drawbacks of using nitrous than I can count on my fingers and toes. BTW, that's actually how I count :D

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    You could try searching because there have been more threads about the benefits and drawbacks of using nitrous than I can count on my fingers and toes. BTW, that's actually how I count :D
    x2 .... And he was nice about it.

222whp/250wtq

silverlightning
    sorry, close the thread, I guess I'm an asshole for asking, I'll do a search, just wanted to here from some live people

Well, I'm alive... :D

I probably owe a bit to never using nitrous.

You could upgrade the injectors and maybe get an exhaust for the money and use the additional performance ALL THE TIME.

In before lockā€¦

WarmAndSCSI
    Why on Earth would you recommend upgrading the injectors on a car with just exhaust? That would be one of the biggest wastes of money... this isn't NFS, you don't gain +15 WHP just from upgrading your fuel system which is already more than you need on most N/A applications

True... :smt017 I went the "baby steps method"...

I filled my closet with parts over a years time and taking 3 months of a little here, a little there installation. Injectors were one of the first closet filler.

Come on man :( Inject fuel, inject nitrous. I have a very simple mind and low resistance to the power of suggestion.

WarmAndSCSI
    Eh, but that was assuming he wasn't going to have nitrous :P

Injectors are nice you you plan on going FI.

if you run a 50 shot dry, you dont need to upgrade the injectors, thats just wasted money. if youre concerned with running lean, just get a wet system. my .02 cents, you wont see much difference with a 50 shot on a stock tranny even with bolt ons.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

I would not spend money on nitrous and shit if you havent even lowered your car yet...

Have you done any mods whatsoever? Or are you just mechanically inclined?
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Distort
    I would not spend money on nitrous and shit if you havent even lowered your car yet...

Ummm, my car was making 350-400 WHP before I was even lowered. Some of us have different priorities.

Ummm, my car was making 350-400 WHP before I was even lowered. Some of us have different priorities.
    Well I just meant that his first step shouldn't just be to throw on some nitrous...
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

WarmAndSCSI

Well I just meant that his first step shouldn't just be to throw on some nitrous...
    And you are the authority on Galant modding, apparently. He can do whatever he wants.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i would piece together my own turbo kit personally, it can be done relatively cheap if you take the time to find the right parts and you will have to worry about less especially if its a dd plus the power again... will be there all the time

not to mention turboing an i4 is relatively easy to find the parts for

just my $.02

silverlightning

i have absoultly no desire to lower my car, I love the nice smooth ride it has now, That's the last thing I want to sacrifice, no auto crossing for me. The only time I would have to upgrade the injectors is if I decide to Turbo the car, doing it for a dry nos setup would be pointless. I don't believe, w/ intake exhaust and a 50 shot you wouldn't shave at least 1.5sec of 1/4 mile times.

Experienced TGC Member
    I think it would be alot more helpful if you could say exactly what you wanted your car to acheive. If its speed for cheap, then nitrous is your best bet. However, id seriously recommend upgrading your suspension and brakes. It doesnt make sense to make your car faster, if you aint got the brake power to bring you down from speed.

Read here...

https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36312

silverlightning
    i know a little bit about nitrous, I have done the research, I am just curious about people's personal oppinions. The brakes on the G are fine, its not like I,m going from a 17.5 second car to a 13.0 second car, were talking maybe, and I mean a big maybe about breaking inot the 15's. I have no desire like I said in my last post to mess with my suspension or brakes, the galant has a solid platform. I have had to many cars in the past that I have lowered, then I need to take it on that 300 mile trip and regret every inch I have dropped her. :smt022

you wont break into the 15's with an intake and a 50 shot. The tranny is your enemy for that. our auto tranny is crap when trying to launch. if anything, youll probably do a mid 17-low 17 if youre lucky. stock i4 does 18.4 in the quarter. its not totally the same but when my truck had a dry 60 shot on i only came out with a 16.5 compared to a 17.3 on boltons. but i had a manual tranny. if you want any chance of hitting 15's you gotta change the tranny or go turbo. whats the 60 ft on our cars anyways? 2.5? maybe higher?
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune

Quote Originally Posted by silverlightning
    i know a little bit about nitrous, I have done the research, I am just curious about people's personal oppinions. The brakes on the G are fine, its not like I,m going from a 17.5 second car to a 13.0 second car, were talking maybe, and I mean a big maybe about breaking inot the 15's. I have no desire like I said in my last post to mess with my suspension or brakes, the galant has a solid platform. I have had to many cars in the past that I have lowered, then I need to take it on that 300 mile trip and regret every inch I have dropped her. :smt022
    rear drum brakes are ok with you?

1997 Volvo 850 T5

drum brakes are fine. I hit over 100 in my truck in the quarter and when I boost ill be in the 110-115. I really dont see where you're coming from. drums are perfectly fine in a drag race. if it was a track race then disc is preferred because you want your breaks to keep its bite and stay as cool as possible. in a drag race you hit the brakes once and call it a day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast