The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Nitrous on my mind..............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    WarmAndSCSI
    I highly doubt the OP is much of a real drag racer. Probably plans to use the nitrous on the street.

That's just my perception, though.

silverlightning
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    I highly doubt the OP is much of a real drag racer. Probably plans to use the nitrous on the street.

That's just my perception, though.
    I just sold my mustang that I took to the track 4-5 times a year, nothing special just a bunch of bolt-on's, (13.87 best) total stock outside, not much of a street race seen here in CT, it mostly done on the tracks up here unless your under 18 and want to get thrown in jail or hurt somebody :smt021
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2863235

P.S I have heard of stock 8G running high 17's all day long 18.4 that sounds slow even for our cars.

WarmAndSCSI
    Okay, if you're really a drag racer, you'd realize a proper suspension setup is one of the most, if not the foremost, important things in setting up a FWD drag car. Weight transfer is a killer in FWD cars.

silverlightning
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    Okay, if you're really a drag racer, you'd realize a proper suspension setup is one of the most, if not the foremost, important things in setting up a FWD drag car. Weight transfer is a killer in FWD cars.
    I compare my drag racing to my fishing I love to do it, but I dont cosider myself a real fisherman or racer, more of a weekend warrior. point taken with the suspension, I just don't know how crazy to go or not to go :?

so if your not gonna street race and you know the 50 shot will still leave you in the low 16 high 17 quarter mile at the track

why do you want nitrous? all you said was you had it on your mind...

using upgraded injectors with a dry direct port shot is the way to go... then use ecuflash to tune it. with a direct port shot you can run alot more then a 50 shot safely because of the even distribution along with the additional fuel from the injectors

a wet shot doesn't make sense to me anymore... i used one for almost 2 years i got all the way up to a 100 shot.... but i had like 3-4 nitrous backfires in that time.... it makes about as much sense as adding an extra fuel injector in your intake track... how are you supposed to get even distribution to all cylinders that way. thats one of the things that makes nitrous unsafe.

also ive tried the 50 shot on our car you will not be happy with it trust me.. you will want more at least the 75 shot
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

silverlightning
    thanks underated, that's what i was looking for, so 50 is not enough, I know I am going to do the dry shot setup, but you think I should upgrade the injectors for more fuel, what injectors do you suggest.

using upgraded injectors with a dry direct port shot is the way to go...
    Wow they got dry direct ports systems? Damn...never knew that. Mine is a wet direct port...but then again its over 10 years old. Now i feel old....
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

you could do a fuel pressure regulator to add some extra fuel also... if you get bigger injectors your going to need some way to tune them... either way you need to tune it but you should look into ecuflash, and wideband to keep an eye on your afr while squeezing
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

well i plan on doing a nitrous build because its only there when you need it! espically with the gas prices being so high... i plan on going with a dry direct port nx kit looking to 125 shot after a rebuild of the motor on a 5 speed. ive got pics of the ride ill post them later
    If you don't got the pocket, then don't try and rock it

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mtcavity1 View Post
    True... :smt017 I went the "baby steps method"...

I filled my closet with parts over a years time and taking 3 months of a little here, a little there installation. Injectors were one of the first closet filler.

Come on man :( Inject fuel, inject nitrous. I have a very simple mind and low resistance to the power of suggestion.
    please don't make random suggestions just for the sake of clicking the reply button. being a car board people are impressionable here and someone may actually take your..."advice".

also, everyone needs to stop thinking if you're putting down 900whp you're constantly driving 160mph on surface streets and are waiting for the last second to brake. upgrading brakes isn't a requirement at all, it's not like drag strips put a wall 100ft from the finish line, they give you more than enough distance to stop the car. and again, just because a driver hits insane speeds on the highway doesn't mean he's going to be doing it into the back of a minivan and need to slam on his brakes right away.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12