The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Galant Owner

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

New Galant Owner

Hey everyone. My mom just gave me her very tired 94 ES. Let me say it has some minor battle scars exterior wise, but needs a heart transplant to get back to her back to the Galant I want her to be. My mom pumped a lot of money into this car over the past few years. New struts, new shocks, new compressor, new dryer. They were doing everything but really take care of the engine. The car was run hot, and needed a new waterpum, and the headgasket blew. I think my parents drove it a bit longer resulting in block damage. The car sat for three years in the garage. So last week I went and got it. I found another engine with 116000 miles. I plan to put in it. I don't plan on any turbos, or anything like that. I simply want to make it look good again. Add some 18" wheels, new exhaust. Check it out. I took some pictures. Let me know what you think.

I tell you what....keep it the stock color and get the dings and shit fixed. It will be the only one here hooked up (when your done) that color I think. Miss Mavericks car was that color but she painted it. Over all doesnt look that bad, welcome and good luck.

PS...for your health, be a smart newb and use the search! But so far you are off to a great start

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

I actually like the color as well. I didn't know it was a rare color.

I think this car has some good potential

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    welcome.

car looks pretty good wet,

dropping htat engine in is as easy as it gets.

intake exhaust, fix the dings, light tint on the windows. black housing headlamps, lowered with some good springs, and some wheels..... and you'll have a great looking ride that you can love.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius
    I tell you what....keep it the stock color and get the dings and shit fixed. It will be the only one here hooked up (when your done) that color I think. Miss Mavericks car was that color but she painted it. Over all doesnt look that bad, welcome and good luck.

PS...for your health, be a smart newb and use the search! But so far you are off to a great start

Does having a hood off of a 94 in that colour count?

Welcome to the site. It's good to see new 7G members. I feel so lonely sometimes. :cry:
    1996 Galant S

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    damn how many miles does it have if you're putting in an engine w/ 116,000 miles as the solution?? Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2
    damn how many miles does it have if you're putting in an engine w/ 116,000 miles as the solution?? Yikes
    Right now it has 220000 miles on it.

Welcome to TGC| Nice 7g
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I don't plant to get as extensive as some of the cars here. I do however plan to make it look nice. Over the coming months, I will replace the engine, front trim, replace the hood and fenders, and put some 18's on it.

Engine Arrived

I got my replacement engine yesterday (4G64), and I want to start putting on new parts before I put it in. My plan is to replace the timing belt, water pump, head gasket, vave cover gasket, oil pan gasket. I am even having the transmission rebuilt. When I put this engine back into the car, I don't want to open the engine again but to change the oil. If anyone can think of anything else I can do, please let me know.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    welcome to the site man....
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Hello all, I have the other engine installed, and it runs great. Now al I have left is cosmetic stuff. Buy two fenders, a hood, and front bumper.

Also, I noticed this connector. Does anyone know what this goes to?

that connector is an extra conector in the usdm harness.

but its actually wired into the marking lams system.

if you were to get the jdm headlamps, you could use that connector for plugging in the city lamps.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

OK Thanks. I am actually getting JDM lights next month. I will have to see how that will hook up.

welcome man...
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Welcome Pogi

welcome

i have the exact same color g. i was actually in the same situation except i bought the car. after six months the balance shaft belt broke, purchased a used engine. Due to lack of funds, i decided to drop in the engine myself. i have to say without the help of TGC i couldn't have done it. i had no knowledge about cars, i couldn't even change brakes.well, that was then. good luck with that G. take good care of it. once you start doing what you want with it it gets addicting.hehe