The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AC Help... Iam burning up

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

AC Help... Iam burning up

My AC isn't working :( I usually no better but I was doing about 90 on the turnpike and I sped up to overtake a car while my AC on and PSHHHHHHH... :oops: a puff of smoke came through the vents which seemed like freon....

I even filled the line up with a can of freon from Autozone but every time I drive with ac on, I here the compressor make that noise and then more smoke through the vents.... Any suggestions? :(
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    Hmmm..... this sounds familiar. I had something similar happen to my other car, but the compressor eventually went out. Check the pipes/hoses and I highly suggest taking it to an A.C place like Dan's Auto Air (they seem to be all over Florida) they do free a/c checks or any other A/C place that does free checks. I had a bad leak that just snowballed into the compressor not working, had the puff and everything
    ~Lady Driven~

Damn, i wish i was in a place where i would be using my AC right now!! It's in the teens right now and TONS of snow!! Sorry about the car though. hopefully it all works out.

Ya Div I'am done with bringing my ride to any shop for anything except alignment :)
    I'll probably just take out the old compressor and inspect/clean it, and the lines too if I see anything wrong Ill hit up the Junkyard for another, shouldn't be more than 50 bucks Iam guessing...

This Florida weather changes all the time, I don't mind the heat but when it rains I can't roll down the windows

better get that fixed before the florida hotness comes back in full action lol... mine works fine, but when i got home today and turned off the radio, i heard a squeal, then waited like 5min, and it went off again... humm lmao, maybe all A/C's in ft. laudy are going bad lol

Just get it fixed before the meet unless you're bringing the evo, lol. Good luck, hopefully it's just a hose or leak
    ~Lady Driven~

phizza where is the closest junk yard with ALOT of galants??? :P

I know I'm not down south, but the last time I checked, UPullAndPay in West Palm had a pretty good selection
    ~Lady Driven~

Theres the one Div mentioned as well as one right next to it off of Belvedere.. There is also one off of blueheron iin west palm..

For fort Lauderdale I would go to the one in Davie called U-pull-it. They have about 10-15 7g's on average... theres also one right next to it with a few...

There's another where I found my turbo from right before sunrise and MLKblvd.. They converted half of the yard to an auction but they still have a lot of good finds there...

directions for the one in davie.... and i never been to one how does it work? u dont need to pay to go in or nothing right? just if u find something? u need your own tools?

sounds like your evaportor. good luck with that one.
    1994 gs dohc turbo

if you have freon gas pushing through your vents........

then your core is shot.

no big deal to fix, just have to take your entire dash out.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Hmmmm sounds like fun, guess I ought to whip out the mini fan untill then j/k

Sheeet. I haven't had air conditioning in but one of my 5 cars... you'll be fine...
    1997 Volvo 850 T5