The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Back 2 Normal 9 *Discussion Thread*

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 79
    Quote Originally Posted by slickrick
    pending business schedule i would be up for it...
    what are hotels going for per night around there?

i may have talked a friend into buying a VR-4 Galant, so maybe he will come too, ill get him on the boards eventually.

how many people usually come to this B2N thing?
    Last time I went it was about 50. In the last few years its expanded quite a bit. Probably several hundred, including Galants, Eclipses, EVOs, 3KGTs, or any other Mitsubishi.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1

i may have talked a friend into buying a VR-4 Galant, so maybe he will come too, ill get him on the boards eventually.

Last time I went it was about 50. In the last few years its expanded quite a bit. Probably several hundred, including Galants, Eclipses, EVOs, 3KGTs, or any other Mitsubishi.
    At the last show there was about 8-10 TGC Members. About 15 Club3G members, and I would estimate about 150-200 cars total. But the real fun is AFTER the show!!! GO CARTS FTW.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

RedGalant's :WUB: :WUB: ICEMAN99TURBO's Avatar

Woh woh woh everyone. It is great to hear everyone interested in coming and it is great to know. Seeing this kind of responce let the factory know there is a hell of a following after all these years. :D

As for the hotel, and the attendence, theads will be made will all the info you need in the coming months ahead. We still have plenty of time for all of that, I am just getting the word out of the date and to see if anyone has any ideas of what we can all do.

As stated above, we will have a thread on the hotel. We (as a group) take over the Days Inn in Normal. That is the hotel we ALL stay at, and I set up a bock of rooms for all who attend the event. KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THREAD.

I also want to set up an event beside the car show for Saturday, hence the Poker Run idea. So if ANYONE, would like to help who is in the area, PLEASE ME ME!!

As far as number attending, we have anywhere from 30-45 cars that attend. Hope to have more this year with the excitement of the Galants and the 4Gs. The last 2 years have been very poor turnout for these 2 models.

deffinatley thinking about coming this year. I haven't ever gone to any of the past B2N meets. I'll keep you guys posted. But like 83.648% sure we will be there. I'll try and get the other 3 together.

Steve

Member since October '03

^^^ LOL get off from prison. Ill try this time. hehe should be able to make it i dont see any problems that would keep me from coming.

Whats wrong with that? A mans gotta work, right?!
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    if i am home, i will go.

My only question is if I come will i have to have my car in the car show?? My car is far from wanting or needing to be with any nice looking cars lol. Cancer FTL.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    My only question is if I come will i have to have my car in the car show?? My car is far from wanting or needing to be with any nice looking cars lol. Cancer FTL.
    Its not really a "show". They do show off some cars, do dyno comps, and have some judging here and there, buts moreso just a Mitsubishi Owners Day. aka one big ass car meet. (plus some families and free gear). It's a dope time, I suggest you come. See some tight cars, and like Eric said, the time After MOD is the best. lol

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    i know a few of us NY guys want to make this trip. im 50/50 for now
    TGCNY knows i've been wanting to go to this for years!! I'm gonna try to get my car re-sprayed by then i get it done and TGCNY makes the trip I am there. I AM THERE!!!! 16 hours from Houston. Peice of cake.
    Last edited by Kalamidad; 02-03-2008 at 07:39 PM
    -Pedro

im really hoping that i can make it. Im going to save some money so that i can make it. Really want to come to this. i should have my car lowered so it will look alright.

1996 galant s

Might have a guy with a turbo 3g coming along with me.

1996 galant s

is theft and or vandalizing a big factor at this meet? seeing how there will be lots of moded cars around?
    register! www.bordumb.com

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Dang! Thats a 10 hour drive for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    16 for me. but it's one of those things you will be glad you did and you'll remember.
    -Pedro

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    it took me about 11 hours to go from bloomington/normal to toronto

Would love to be one of the few if any to come from NC. Ill have to become Dollar Menunaire for a few months..

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Let me know if you want to make the drive, I'll be down in OK for one of my friends birthdays and will be driving to B2N from there.

222whp/250wtq

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Well, I'm thinking that maybe people from Texas that are going, have to drive thru OKC, we can all meet up and head together in a caravan. That would be awesome!

its like 3 hrs for me haha. Rick let if your planning to go down we should meet up in Racine and ill follow you or you follow me, ah F it we can race there lol jk. I got a gps so should be easy for us to find the place.

1996 galant s

Ok, so i'm officially confused.
    This is BACK 2 NORMAL, not Factory MOD?
    What is the difference between the two?
    When is MOD?
    Where is MOD?
    which is the bigger event of the two?

I was under the impression that this was the bigger event and have been planning on how to go. someone enlighten me please?
    Last edited by Kalamidad; 02-09-2008 at 04:19 PM
    -Pedro

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast