The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: worth 50 bucks?

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

worth 50 bucks?

they are sprint 1.8" lowering springs. i plan on mating them with KYB GR-2 shocks, if i buy them.

what i want to know is does anyone have any personal experience with this setup? how about the springs?

the guy that is selling them had them on his 99 for about 20 miles. he has 20's and the drop was so low they rubbed, so he replaced them with eibachs. he is only asking $50 for the set. i know they cost about $230 new. so what do you think?

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    brand?

yeah its worth it, not many people have the sprint setup but i been in a car with it, pretty nice ride

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot
    that's bang for the buck 8)
    thats what i was thinking. ive done some research on here, galant forums and the sprint website. the website just gave basic info and the only posts i could find were people thinking of getting sprints, but no follow up.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    good deal

Experienced TGC Member
    not many people have sprint springs, let alone talk about springs anymore.

back in the days of eibach, were the sprint springs, that we used to get discounts on through the ptuning.com website. there were several guys back in the day that had them, no complaints. Instead of GR2s, I would go ahead and save a bit more and opt for the AGXs.

buy them
    -Chris

this is the Sprint vs. the stock front spring.

before the drop

after

so far i like the new feel. plus it looks good!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    nice, i like it alot, i personally wont do a drop, but i like the look, and that was REALLY cheap too

those rims my friend has on his talon lol, he just painted them and put one of the top of the line all season tires on it, its AWD :D

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant
    nice, i like it alot, i personally wont do a drop, but i like the look, and that was REALLY cheap too

those rims my friend has on his talon lol, he just painted them and put one of the top of the line all season tires on it, its AWD :D
    i pulled them off of a 99' eclipse at the junk yard. the 17's that came on the car when i bought it were bent to hell. i need to repaint them. the caliper paint i used chips real easy

whered u get them? im thinkin about gettin the gr-2s and then i think i wanna get sum springs too.

advanced auto parts.

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    I have these springs on AGX's...I don't see them around as much but picked them up since I got a deal (85 shipped) from a guy clearing out his ebay stock. I was planning to go with H&R or Tein but how could you turn these down for such a price?

They are rated to drop 1.8" all around....I didn't get exactly that, definitely more in the front, maybe a little less in the back, but mind you I have the V6.

Here are quick before and after shots, hope they help:

*edit* and i'm an idiot and just realized that was you posting the installed pics, hope you like the new setup! haha

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    ^^^ That's a good drop right there, it will drop a little bit more after it settles too.

Sure in the hell will! I have V6 springs on my I4 and I have a very nice drop(S techs). 8) On 17's,yo

i like those eclipse blades, nice
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush