The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Looks like another Jdm install...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 39

Looks like another Jdm install...

Well just bought some JDM E54A black housing headlights off ebay. The guy had them up for $175 with $78 shipping from Mylasia. Actually got the for $135 with my offer so actually only baying $215!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...LLBUY.m311.lVI

They do have a small crack but it's on the plastic housing not on the actual lense so should be no problem so know just have to wait for them to get here :(

Yeah I was eyeballing those for a while...nice pick up. Hope that crack aint an issue either! Let us know...post pics asap

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

shouldnt be, my jdms were cracked there, no problems

Ya i dont think they'll be a problem it was between these and another pair but the other pair came with no sockets and was a little fishy cause they only accepted wire transfers. Right now i've gotta find some hid's to fit them....The lows are H4's right? and what are the highs?

it looks more like european style than JDm. nice heads though!
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Plastic are JDM, glass are worldspec.
    7g for life!

Hey i got a quick question what is the socket that is above the red arrow in the last pic? It's between the high's and low's...Is it for the city lights or what ever?

yeah, their for citylights.

unless you are seth

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Well they got here today. That was only 3 day it took to ship! I was kinda suprised if anyone is looking for head lights i recommend this guy. Well here's some pics, and he even included blubs with them. Though there not guarenteed to work.

Dont pay attention to all those papers im taking a cyber security class and we had to go dumpster diving and see if we could find any information that we could use aginst someone and write a security audit how to prevent it.

Dont you love seeing international newspaper in the box? How authentic can ya get?!?! Right Kimya?!

It wouldnt let me edit that post so....

What are the HIGH/City/Side bulbs? Lows are H4 i know that and already ordered the hids for them.

OKLAHOMA CITY,
    OK, US 02/04/2008 5:49 P.M. DELIVERY

OKLAHOMA CITY,
    OK, US 02/03/2008 10:34 P.M. DESTINATION SCAN
    02/03/2008 10:28 P.M. FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY

OKLAHOMA CITY,
    OK, US 02/02/2008 8:17 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    02/02/2008 8:02 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    02/02/2008 7:41 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

TULSA,
    OK, US 02/02/2008 7:01 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    02/02/2008 6:08 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

LOUISVILLE,
    KY, US 02/02/2008 5:20 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    02/02/2008 3:29 A.M. IMPORT SCAN

TAO-YUAN,
    TW 02/01/2008 10:10 P.M. LATE AIRPLANE

PAMPANGA,
    PH 02/01/2008 12:41 A.M. LATE AIRPLANE

KUALA LUMPUR,
    MY 01/31/2008 7:16 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
    01/31/2008 7:14 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

MY 01/31/2008 5:06 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Excellent shipping! Packing though all he did was stuff some newspapers in there but did wrap the lense in bubble wrap. Recommend him to anyone. He said he would be posting some more soon. Just so you know i actually got these for only $150. Hell of a deal.
    Last edited by bmxmike; 02-05-2008 at 12:17 AM

Just bought some hid's so there on the way. Goin by pull a part to go grab a 94-96 t bar and bumber and see if i can find a pigtail from a galant of celica for the blinkers in corners too.

Edit*- The city light blubs are W5W lights correct? Which would make them a 194 Cross Reference correct?
    Last edited by bmxmike; 02-07-2008 at 04:52 PM

Just got the headlights installed. Take pictures after i get out the shower. I went to pull a part to try and grab a 94-96 front end but that didn't happen so goin buy another junkyard maybe tommorow. Also go to go get new bolts cause half of them when i was taking them out the heads broke off of. And at the current moment no crash bar. Will put it on some other time got to trim it up alittle to get it in there.

how hard was the install ? have to do much modding, or is it a strait drop in ?

ide love to get a set, but thats a lot rite now... cant wait to see pix :D

194 will work fine.

BUT
    that bulb won't protrude into the lens housing enough to do much.

i reccomend 921 bulbs.
    they are taller but use the same base.
    since they are taller they push the filiment out into the lens...

which gives a much better effect.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

TGC Regular
    The High beam lights are H1's, the park lights are just standard item wedge types.

It should say what they are on the lights housing.
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

Are your lights glass or plastic?

There plastic but know i found someone who has 2 piece glass black housing lights that i might get so i might have these for sale. And install was a bitch...If you look at the sticky install it say how to "bend" the crash support but ya that didn't happen. It actually took me 2 days to install. The first i didn't start till about 4 so i didn't have much light and it took me awhile to get the bumpers off cause bolts kept breaking. Then i tried the hammer method and ya that was a no go....This is what i did....Took a hammer and hit the very top so it concaved in then grabbed a dremel and cut where it is reinforced with a metal backing. I just cut at it at angles then got a chisel and broke them off. With this i can still use the upper crash bar mount. Then fitment was a pain cause i didn't have all my bolts since the heads kept breaking so i had to figure out which screws i absolutely needed and then got some other ones just for good measure.

I plan on going by pull a part to go get some bolts cause they'll let me take them for free then getting the t bar from a 94-96 and getting a drifter front bumper and getting it all aligned. I did have some trouble with my fenders and my lights meeting together correctly but the car is kinda to blame for that cause its a new front clip on the car and isn't all mated up correctly so i have to do a little modding.

One hard part was aligning the heads! LOL! I was trying to align them and it took me forever to figure out which did what after all was said and done at 8pm i took it for a drive and they were aimed way to high....The lights where hitting the trees so i got to go work on it tommrow lol! Other than that they look great and pics up tommorow. The cam kept messing up. But such a improvment! Need to grab new bulbs cause i handled them way to much...Once hid's come in plan on changing out all the other bulbs which should be by wend. with my new kenwood radio!

Alright well here are the pics. I know they don't look like they mate up well and they arn't i need to go get the bolts that busted off and get everything tight down. And on the right side you can see where my paint is peeling off and on the other side it's been like that since i got it. Ill take some better one's later on but it started to rain again.....

Mike, The glass are way better. I can get you brand new ones through my brother-in-law. They are way much better. Also, when are you going to work on that front end?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast