The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Looks like another Jdm install...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 39 of 39
    You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Looks good Mike, now stop drinking and driving and hitting crap with that bumper...J/K bro.

Hey Mike do you know this guy??? I've seen his 2G around Post & Douglas.

Last edited by RAZ_76; 02-12-2008 at 04:09 PM

I've seen that car around before. Hard to miss that bright thing.

lol ya i've seen it a few times not lately i was going to tell him about our mitsu. car club but never saw him again....And if you can get glass black housing that is what i really wanted but if you look through some of my post i was looking for almost a year and never found any all i could find was the E54A Black housing lights.

Lol...Well the passanger side damage is all from people scrapping my bumper at the college and then the t bar and bumber arn't on very well cause like i said i need more screws....Hopefully ill have a whole new front end by this weekend if not a whole drifter body kit then next month ill prob. get it painted after i get my check.

wow o thought my car takes alot of front end abuse

everybody says they have a hard time installing these it only took me and proto about 30 min.

they are much improvement over stock, it looks really good. just touch up the bumper and make it sit flush

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

I think after i go grab some more bolts and but the crash bar back in it will sit alittle better. The only real problem i had was with the crash bar mount. I could not get that thing to budge. Really i should probably cut it down alittle more cause it's sitting very flush. There is just alittle over a hair of space so getting them in there was a feat in itself. I just went ahead and put them in cause i was getting tired of messing with it. When i pull everything out ill fix it up....Also does anyone know how big the bolts are? To get everything to sit perfectly flush ill prob have to drill some new holes. It just depends on how the fender is goin to look after i mess with it.

Edit* Is the crash bar on all the 7g's the same? Like are the 94-96 the same as a 97-98?
    Last edited by bmxmike; 02-12-2008 at 01:08 AM

there was no way in hell i was cutting my crashbar mounts. i just bent them back and it worked like a charm.

as for the t-bar the 94-96 are different and the 97-98 are also different.

the 97-98 t bar is'nt a T but more of a BOW the buper has the grills and T part. while the 94=96 have the T part and share the grill mount between the bumper and t-bar

as for the bolts, dunno the threads bu the head is 10mm same as fender bolts

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

I now the difference in bumbers and stuff my question is if the actuall bar that mounts to the part you had to bend is the same

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike View Post
    lol ya i've seen it a few times not lately i was going to tell him about our mitsu. car club but never saw him again....And if you can get glass black housing that is what i really wanted but if you look through some of my post i was looking for almost a year and never found any all i could find was the E54A Black housing lights.
    I found some black ones (2pc glass) just after you posted this, I got them for my G, but I think the guy has more :D
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

If he has more my Wii will have to wait lol. Trying to contact someone, but they won't respond :(
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by bmxmike View Post
    I now the difference in bumbers and stuff my question is if the actuall bar that mounts to the part you had to bend is the same
    ya all usdm crashbars are the same

Hid's came in today! Just but them in can't wait to see them on tonight! Did anyone else have to wire them oddly? I had to hook them up looking at the plug the positive in the left and the negative in the top... I had the positve hooked to the one on the right and it kept flashing and wasn't a constant on....Where have you 7g's mounted yours? I thought about just tucking it in by the headlight.

ya i had to play with the plugs a little, rotate them.

driverside is mounted behind the light and passenger side is by the battery

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    the bulb housing from your blinker will fit in the JDM corner, i didn't read if anyone told you that. you may need to take a razor blade and just take the edge off one of thenotches to make it a lil easier, but no need to get the celica harness.

Also to get the lights to sit right you will have to cut the top part of the crash bar mount, just above where the bolt goes in. It will not effect the credibility of the crash bar. If you ever get the Glass Headlights, i would not try to put them in unless you cut the mount. i destroyed a one years ago, because i got impatient. Get a dremel and a couple of cutting wheels and hack away.
    You can see the mounts and how much i cut off.
    Last edited by Blue Ice; 02-15-2008 at 10:15 AM

I already have the lights mounted and everything and cutting the bar was a b$#%^. I got the hid's in and everything but i need to get them adjusted people keep thinking that i have my high beams on cause there so bright lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    the bulb housing from your blinker will fit in the JDM corner, i didn't read if anyone told you that. you may need to take a razor blade and just take the edge off one of thenotches to make it a lil easier, but no need to get the celica harness.

Also to get the lights to sit right you will have to cut the top part of the crash bar mount, just above where the bolt goes in. It will not effect the credibility of the crash bar. If you ever get the Glass Headlights, i would not try to put them in unless you cut the mount. i destroyed a one years ago, because i got impatient. Get a dremel and a couple of cutting wheels and hack away.
    You can see the mounts and how much i cut off.
    why did your light break?

I think he tried to force them in and cracked them instead of "fixing" the support.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

i have heard of some not tightenng them good and the mounts breaking.

dunno, bending them back was alot easier than cutting

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmore303 View Post
    I think he tried to force them in and cracked them instead of "fixing" the support.
    you got it, i didn't cut enough off, and got in a hurry. As far as ordering Black housing 2pc glass headlights... there was a thread a while back about a German/English Ebay store that would ship them. might check the archives, i had to reorder mine last year after my wreck.

There not as blue as the picture makes them look. And the light output is better than this, its just not dark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12