The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1999 Galant Chrome Rims Help

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

1999 Galant Chrome Rims Help

I have a 1999 galant ES.
    Im wanting to put 20" chrome rims on the car.
    I was curious to any ones opinions on what rims to get that would fit the galant and look good.
    I do take into account alot of people here don't like the chrome look, but i am going for a V.I.P look on my galant.
    Any specific rim names/ companies would be greatly appreciated.
    I love my galant and want to bring it into its fullest.

google "20 inch rims" and that should help u.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    unless you're looking to discuss something in particular, like "issues when installing 20s", "rims i am considering and what your opinion on how they will look", "questions about offset", etc. This looks like a "spoon feed me" thread. We don't like those.
    -Pedro

go to the "how to" section there is a thread on 20s check it out then come back and edit this thread if you still have questions
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

I have seen the thread.
    My problem is i dont know the correct rims that would fit on a galant, seeing as the bolt pattern changes.
    I was just wondering if anyone had any specific brands they have seen and liked, thats all, thanks anyways.

if your gunna go with 20's and keep stock suspension then u cant go any wider than 20x8 and ur gunna have to either roll the fender in the back or fold it if you like your tires lol....if your gunna slamm your car then u def have to roll or fold or even have fab work done and flare it out

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    5x114.3 or whatever is it

20x7.5... 20x8... 20.8.5.... the latter is the most common. Offset... 35-42 is what I've seen

225/35/20 series tire or 225/30/20 is the correct one, but the 35 series has more "meat" on it, most people roll with 35 series

Brands, it's up to you, whatever style you're going for and the company is... well... reputable. 20s are going to cost a pretty penny, honestly I wouldn't pay under $1400 for a set of 20s. A few people went with the Cabo/Player/Mega 907s and similar ones.
    ~Lady Driven~

Thanks guys, thats plenty information.
    Appreciate the help 8)

if u want VIP look, then ur looking at airbags and 20x9(+) low offset wheels w/ 225(235)/30r20 using negative camber to get them to tuck. the fitament is going to be VERY tight against your fenders and you will have to cut or fold the rear fenders and do the same to the fronts.