The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: P0300+ tach stopped working?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

P0300+ tach stopped working?

2 days ago my car threw a p0300 (random/mulitple misfire) code and also the tach started going crazy bouncing all over the place...yesterday the tach stopped working completely. also, the p0300 only comes on at highway speeds above 55 mph.

could the two problems somehow be related or it just coincidental?
    i already changed the plugs, coils, wires, and the sensor on the tranny but the problems are still there. im guessing the tach on the cluster just stopped working but i can't figure out the p0300 so far. any ideas?

btw, this is my black galant, 2.4.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Probable causes:

Ignition part failure.

Poor CKP sensor signal

Incorrect air/fuel ratio

Low compression pressure.

Timing belt jumped or broke teeth

EGR system failure.

PCM failed.

Thats what Mitchell says.

Its that JDM rear bumper....itll throw that code everytime....ill give you my usdm rear bumper and problem will be solved! you can thank me later
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

I didn't have time to pull the diag procedures for the tach, but it seems to be an unrelated issue. But the easiest way to test the tach is swap in a new cluster. If the tach in that cluster works than you need a new cluster. If it doesn't work than you have a wiring issue.

WarmAndSCSI
    Looks like your tach signal is independent of the ignition system. I would have thought the two problems would be related on the 6G72 because our tach signal comes straight off the negative side of the coil.

Hope that helps...

that's my problem before, when they change my timing belt it keeps throwing that p0300 code at high speed. wires and plugs was replaced, they even switch the injectors. so, one of the TGC members recommend to check the timing belt. and he was right the timing belt is off. hope this will solve your problem.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

Ignition Failure switch took a shit, change that first.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    Looks like your tach signal is independent of the ignition system. I would have thought the two problems would be related on the 6G72 because our tach signal comes straight off the negative side of the coil.

Hope that helps...

well i tried switching out the gauge cluster and the tach still doesn't work and now the car is mis-shifting at times...the only thing i see left is the PCM from the diagram.

btw, the p0300 code hasn't come back on in 2 days since i last erased it.

weird.

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099
    Ignition Failure switch took a shit, change that first.
    i'll wait and see if the light comes on within the next few days....or do you know if that is somehow related to the tach?