The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Paint overspray

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Paint overspray

Little problem here..

My cusin had my car for a couple of weeks while i was away, and i just noticed some funky paint spots on fenders, and parts of doors.

Asswipe fessed up and told me he ran over a can of oaint, somwhere by a construction site..

My question to you is--is there a way i can remove that overspray??? is there any products out there that would remove it? or what do you suggest i should do about it? besides kicking his ass

thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    if its overspray from like spraypainting you can use a claybar on the car and it should come off. The only other thing you can try that I know of is "De-natured Alcohol". From what Ive seen it doesnt remove the clearcoat or fade the paint. You can buy it at ur local hardware store. Ive used it to remove scuff marks on my paint. Works pretty good. :)

But if its a can of paint he ranover, Im not sure if it will work but its worth a shot.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

TGC Regular
    Clay bar should work fine. Be sure to wax your car afterwards.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    then kick his ass :P

good luck with it, it was an accident, but have him pay for it :)

if its a substancial amount get the most of it off with gas. let it dry then clay it then pretty much fully detail it. while ur at it u should clay ur whole car!!! =] good luck!

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Gas will eat away at the clear coat, thats not a safe way to remove it.
    I once accidently overfilled my gas tank, & the gas spilled onto the car {previous car of mine}. It left a stain that wouldn't come off even though I wiped it off immediately. This was on stock paint also. So it wasnt some cheap paint job that was to blame. I wouldnt recommend this.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)