The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G63T? is it legit?

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

4G63T? is it legit?

i found this complete motor from an 02-03 evo complete with turbo, uncut wire harness, and ecu, but im unsure if its still missing anything? in the listing for it the person who's selling it doesn't even mention the wire harness or ecu but i emailed him and he said complete ecu and uncut harness i guess do u think its worth bidding on? the item # is 120215412774 :?

WarmAndSCSI
    Yeah, if you can win that for under $2000, I'd say it's more than worth it.

actually i just talked with seller about motor and its just the complete motor with no wireharness or ecu is it still worth bidding on? if so how much is it worth? :cry:

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    thats a STEAL for anything less than $2500. Its still got a stock clutch, flywheel and oil cooler on it. Typically a long block EVO motor with no turbo goes for $2500. You can probably sell that clutch/flywheel for at least $300 on EVOM. I say go for it. You dont really "need" the harness, and a used ECU can be had for cheap on EVOM.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yep if you get it and wire the evo ecu contact goosey2099 i know he is running it and can give you a pinout diagram and some pointers on installing it etc

good luck definatelly a good buy

im kinda cautious at this time because money is tight! real tight! i got car insurance due in march and i only got $1200 to spend so if it goes any higher im screwed. Plus the biggest question of them all is will it even run? if i was gaurteed for it to run it would be mine! :twisted:

just got off the phone with the owner of the engine he guartees my money back after 2 weeks of the engine being in my possesion. He also guartees it to work as well! you can considered the motor as good as mine! :twisted:

Dont be so worried. In a WORST case scenario, you get the motor and it doesn run. DONT FREAK, because you have a shieet load of parts you can sell, and I bet you can get more than $2500 parting it out. Complete head $800. Valve cover $150, Intake Manifold $150, Ignition coils $100, Throttle body w/sensors $200, Injectors $100, Turbo&Manifold $400, A/C compressor $150, Alternator $150, P/s pump $150, Shortblock (even if its blown) $300.

When I sold off my old EVO motor parts, I got back a great deal of money.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

i hope things go well this would be a nice change of pace going from a 2.4l 140hp sohc 4g64 to a 2.0l 280hp+ dohc 4g63t thats double the stock hp plus its boosted! :D and i might just use my 4g64 block and build it up from that, if done right easy 400hp+ not to bad! 1 last question if it was 5spd and fully gutted what do u think it would run in the quarter mile? :twisted:

Your definition of fully gutted and mine (or others) can be very different.

When I think of fully gutted, that means NO a/c, heat, dash, passenger or rear seat, no interior trim at all, no airbags, no power window/lock motors, no speakers, carpet, no crash bars front or rear, spare tire/jack and use the lightest possible wheels. All that stuff can knock a solid 3250-300lbs off the car. That on a stock EVO motor with raised boost, tuned to maybe 350whp, exhaust, 5 speed and LSD. And of course the biggest factor of all, if you know how to drive and can drive very well, the car would probably run high 11's low 12's.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Well a quick update on the motor so far im winning the bid! :D so keep your fingers crossed that i win the bid lol! if i do you can expect the motor to be ready 5spd,4g63t, stock internals and turbo, with intake,headers,turbo exhaust, gutted by next summer!! :D :twisted:, Also what kind of gauges and controllers would i need to keep this thing running nice and smooth?