The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6G72-TT swap

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

6G72-TT swap

hi guys havent been on here in a while!! well ive been working alot and schools a bitch but i got a new car (not really new but you get what i mean) and now im looking to make the galant a full project car. i was looking around and i really want to swap in a bigger engine. my question is how much work would be need to make a 6G72-TT from a 3000gt to fit in a galant engine bay? can you guys think of any other good motors to swap in? i currently have the 4g64 and i dont know if i just want to switch up to the 4g63 head and turbo. which would you suggest? change the head? or swap in a bigger engine? money is not an obstacle because this will be a project that will take me about 6 months to get the parts. thanks for any replies in advance

if you already have a 4g64, i would just drop in the 4g63t in, and pretty much call it a day. have some extra money left over you can use that for other mods, maybe build a stronger motor, maybe spend it on other things like bigger brakes, a nicer suspension etc.

if you had a 6g72, maybe drop in the diamante motor, or turbo what u had.

but i think dropping in the 3000gt drivetrain into the galant is a waste of time. i mean ok, its fine if you got money to throw around or you have a showcar but yea, to drop that thing in is like reinventing the wheel.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

WarmAndSCSI
    6G72TT from the 3000GT VR-4 is way to difficult of a swap - the whole engine is oriented backward. If you want a different engine, go for the 4G63T from the Evo.

The 4G63T is what i would recomend.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

yeah, evo engine would be perfect!

you guys are suggesting an evo engine like theres not a price difference. he wants to go with one of the V6 motors because they are cheaper.
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22
    you guys are suggesting an evo engine like theres not a price difference. he wants to go with one of the V6 motors because they are cheaper.
    And you should realize it would be a lot more expensive to make the changes necessary to fit a swap from a 3000GT VR-4.

Neither option is worth it, just build up the 4G64 and be happy.

alright thanks for the replies. i was searching and i found this evo5 engine online :http://www.japanmotorimport.com/JDM_...%2063T_EVO%205. is this a good find? would this be a much easier install than a v6? what kind of questions should i ask when i call the guy about the engine? if its not, should i just get a 4g63t head?

IMHO if you need to ask these kinds of questions, you are not ready to be buying an engine to swap in. You need to do a lot more research about what you are going to be getting yourself into.

222whp/250wtq

Wait. Isn't the motor still opposite of the 4g64? I mean timing belt and everything, motor mounts? So it would still be a lot of work right? Just LESS work than a 3kGT motor?
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

The engine out of the EVO 8-9 is facing the same way as the 4g64. Motor mounts all line up and everything. Its just that the engine is usually really expensive. The EVO 5 motor will not work. It has to be out of a 8-9.

WarmAndSCSI
    The Evo 5 4G63 he posted is in the correct orientation. Whether it's a direct swap, I do not know.

I thought that only the EVO 8-9 would fit?

And what is the differance in the 6G72TT and the 6A13TT?

It is a direct swap but you can ask stewi about his experiences with the evo engines. Anything from the 4-9 is the correct orientation for the 8g, however you need to remember that 4-7 were never imported to the states therefore they are a pain in the ass due to the changes made to the engines in that time frame. Some parts from the evo 8-9 are not the same and the only way to get replacements would be to have them direct shipped from japan. More of a headache that it's worth really.

222whp/250wtq

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon
    I thought that only the EVO 8-9 would fit?

And what is the differance in the 6G72TT and the 6A13TT?
    I'm pretty sure at least the Evo 7 engine works as well. I think that's what Cali has.

The 6G72TT is a 3.0L USDM engine out of the 3000GT VR-4. 6G72 with a turbo on each bank. 6A13TT is an entirely different engine that you can find in the JDM 8th gen. It's based off the 6A13 which is a 2.5L.

Okay, maybe i was thinking that you can only get the EVO 8-9 here in the states.

I know that the 6a13tt is JDM, but i didnt know how much differ it was from the 6g72tt. For some reason, i thought that they looked alot alike. Maybe i should take another look.