The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My "G" is almost finished

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 69
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    oh its the other one, so u both went w. the wild green color? I thought you were trying to be unique and out-of-the-ordinary with the color? Two of the same cars w. the same color defeats that goal don't you think?

Black rims with a polished edge would do the trick i think ;) Some fender falres and spacers for the wheels aswell :D

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2
    Quote Originally Posted by 6G72Galant
    Hmm...pull the corners of that front bumper in, get some round fogs to fill in two of those gaps, and get some chrome wheels. A nice simple 5 spoke design will set that shit off. Other than that...super clean. Nice. Another clean 8G :smt023
    Thumbs DOWN to chrome wheels
    x2

This is definitely meant for somewhat of the "tuner" look, so VIP-or-gangster-style chrome rims are out.
    Maybe you guys have me confused with...

....i mean something more elegant. Reserved. Beautiful but not loud...

The TSW rims looks great 8) But TSW has 2 factorys and of the factorys produce some cheap and low quality rims :evil:

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Overall I dont think the car is bad, looks coo, but needs some refining. Here's what I think should be done, some have been said, but I just want to cover all the bases.

-Color is not that bad, its a little loud and outside the box, but it is an attention getter. If thats what you wanted, well thats what you got.

-Fix the front bumper, swap out the grill, paint mesh black, round fog lights in bumper.

-Wheels are fine, could always be better, but even as a fan of Chrome, it would contradict the theme of this car. Wouldnt look right. Change the wheels last if it floats ur boat. They're workable.

-CF trunk will look good once installed. Maybe even the CF Roof would be a nice addition to tone down the green a lil bit.

-The Blue calipers and drums, dont match the car. Try another color. To me any car with rear drums should just paint them black. Just doesnt look right painted any other color.

-The sideskirt: has a gap in the rear by the door where it ends on both sides. Try to fill that or make it flush.

-The rear lip: with those screws visible by the wheel it makes it look bad. Try to cover those up also.

-Taillights: I just wont like those regardless of CF or Chrome, but that is my taste. I think tinting a set of USDM tails, or JDM tails would look better. Would flow with the black/green theme.

Thats my list, overall you have a good start, just need to button it up. Dont leave it half-ass, and start on the engine bay when you havent completed the outside first. Keep up the good effort and you'll be fine.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

aww man I was expecting some purple :cry:

see you in april

TGC Regular
    nice whip... i like the color just gotta tweak the details a lil bit

when is we gon be free????

black grills
    spray everything visible behind the front bumper, flat black.
    get NICE rims.

good start do far.

Them JDM heads turned out pretty good Chris. Now i see the type of green you were talking about now. sweet. cant wait to see it in person in April.

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G
    -The sideskirt: has a gap in the rear by the door where it ends on both sides. Try to fill that or make it flush.
    to fix this problem you will need to get the triangles that go on the rear doors. I had that gap when my sidekirts were 1st installed, and then when I had the car in the shop last summer I decided to let them add the triangles and it looks much better.
    here are the triangle pieces on my car

I like how it turned out. Definitely a head turner. I agree with the others about painting the mesh in the bumper black rather than green, mine used to be silver and now they are black, and also like Reelax said paint the radiator support and everything else that you see through the mesh black as well. The tails would look better USDM or JDM tinted. I have a set of USDM that are black, 'cept for the reverse lights that I am trying to sell if you are interested. The CF trunk will definitely set the car off nicely, and maybe some rims that are black with a polised lip.
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by mrjaydeeone
    Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G
    to fix this problem you will need to get the triangles that go on the rear doors. I had that gap when my sidekirts were 1st installed, and then when I had the car in the shop last summer I decided to let them add the triangles and it looks much better.
    here are the triangle pieces on my car

I like how it turned out. Definitely a head turner. I agree with the others about painting the mesh in the bumper black rather than green, mine used to be silver and now they are black, and also like Reelax said paint the radiator support and everything else that you see through the mesh black as well. The tails would look better USDM or JDM tinted. I have a set of USDM that are black, 'cept for the reverse lights that I am trying to sell if you are interested. The CF trunk will definitely set the car off nicely, and maybe some rims that are black with a polised lip.
    nice picture jay, where did you get your side skirts from?

Quote Originally Posted by djflex167
    nice picture jay, where did you get your side skirts from?
    my sideskirts came with my body kit. they are the sideskirts that come with the cyber 2 kit

2001 Galant ES

i think he means where did you buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3
    i think he means where did you buy them.
    yeah I am sure that's what he means. And I got them with my bodykit I bought the kit off a member on here that didn't need it anymore. They are from VIS you can get them direct from them, or you can find them on EBAY, and I believe there might be a few members on here that might have the sideskirts for sale

2001 Galant ES

I LOVE THAT MOTER F*#CKIN CAR FTR 8) i dont give a sh!t what nody sais that sh!t is pimp. throw some LEDs under that hoe, turn up the radio, and ride-------out! se ya @ the meet

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    aren't you a VIP style guy? lol
    -Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamidad
    aren't you a VIP style guy? lol
    ya caut thu tater. yea. but this car is so dareing

WarmAndSCSI
    Indeed, I really see what he is saying about the 'Cuda color... but a Galant isn't a Barracuda, just my honest opinion. A friend of mine had his Civic painted in Lamborghini green and I thought it was a hideous color for that car as well. Sometimes it's impossible to undermine the color choices made by high-end automotive designers.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Vegas Matt
    :shock: :P :smt043 :smt044 :smt044
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast