The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Energy Suspension bushing for 8G

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Energy Suspension bushing for 8G

had anyone tried using the ES bushing of ecilpse to our 8Gs?

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/mit.html

maybe you guys can help me out to which ES bushing for the ecilpse that is appicable for our 8G.

thanks!

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I'm using 3g eclipse bushings in all my suspension. If you would search you would find this info right away instead of having to wait for replys.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

thanks!

just realized something, my 8G has a different suspension from most of you guys. i've notice that most of you guys has a mcpherson suspension for the fronts while mine has a double wishbone suspension. guess, i cant avail of the 3G ecilpse ES bushing.

how about for the rear?

are there any mitsu vehicle there having the same suspension as mine?

here's the pictures i've taken yesterday of my front suspension.

Your front suspension is the same as the USDM 7g but I can't say if the rear is the same or not.

222whp/250wtq

@laxinwarrior: thanks for the info. i will try to take a picture of my rear suspension.

I'd be suprised if the bushings weren't the same size.

with that said.

you really ought to go with prothane bushings.
    they are stiffer and replace more components.

But the only person that i know of who would know for sure.... doesn't frequent this site anymore.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    I'd be suprised if the bushings weren't the same size.

with that said.

you really ought to go with prothane bushings.
    they are stiffer and replace more components.

But the only person that i know of who would know for sure.... doesn't frequent this site anymore.
    John is right. I am still finishing the install of the prothane bushings and from my experience with them vs energy's they are extremely stiff and also do replace a few more bushings than the energy kit(assuming we are talking about the total kit for the 2g eclipse FWD which is the same as the suspension on the 7g) Unfortunately I can't give any info about the differences in handling and driveability yet but I will be able to very shortly.

222whp/250wtq

thanks so much. just finishing printing the catalog of prothane. i need to study it first, same concerns with the sizes of the bushing if i'm gonna opt to get the energy over prothane.

how about for the motor mounts? currently my engine is the stock 6A13, do you think i will be having some problem with the fitting if i go for the prothane motor mount insert for V6 2G eclipse?

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by aki View Post
    thanks so much. just finishing printing the catalog of prothane. i need to study it first, same concerns with the sizes of the bushing if i'm gonna opt to get the energy over prothane.

how about for the motor mounts? currently my engine is the stock 6A13, do you think i will be having some problem with the fitting if i go for the prothane motor mount insert for V6 2G eclipse?
    Do you mean 3rd gen V6 Eclipse? Cause there never was a V6 2nd gen. And I don't think your motor mounts are similar at all to the 3rd gen.

So do you know if any of your mounts are the same as the 4G64 motor mounts from a 7G Galant?

oh! 3G eclipse and not the 2G motor mounts. :) sorry about that
    i'm still trying to find out the part number of my motor mounts from the dealer. as far as i can remember, i replaced 2 out of my 4 mounts before but threw them away already.

also noticed that my brakes at the front is bigger that the 7G here in our country and my front brakes comes with 2 piston caliper.
    Last edited by aki; 03-15-2008 at 11:24 AM