The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Blue Intelli Glow Gauge Needle Kits

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

Blue Intelli Glow Gauge Needle Kits

Alright well im new to the galant center soo Hey! I own a basically stock 01 V6 G.
    Anyways I've been searching the web for new gauges in my car and found these beauties.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE-...2em118Q2el1247

The problem is that at the bottom of the page they say that it wont fit the 99+ Galants! So I don't know if i try and retrofit them (but i have a feeling the tripometer wont work out) or try and find similar gauges? If anyone has suggestions or know of a set of gauges that are practically the same as these please tell me! :)

Thanks

Thanks man! I've been on here before but simply as a guest. I figured it was time to join haha

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    they will not work unless you have the gauges from the very early 99 galants. i emailed them directly a few weeks back and they told me that

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    damn, those are nice.

welcome to tgc man

:edit:
    you could always just change your bulbs to any color you want.
    -Pedro

Why don't you just clear the needles yourself and install blue LED's? It was one of the first mods I did besides clear corners...
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

Quote Originally Posted by Distort
    Why don't you just clear the needles yourself and install blue LED's? It was one of the first mods I did besides clear corners...
    this would be the best way to get the same effect

Alright so changing the LEDs is what i gotta do. Ill look through the forums, I'm sure there is a tutorial or something somewhere. Thanks you guys!
    But damn it would've been sweet to get those gauges haha.

'93 Nissan 240sx vert

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    These are nice, a friend of mine was showing me these, bcz he wants to get them for his Scion Tc. These wont work for ours also bcz we have two small needles, one large, and one medium. It says u need to 2 small and 2 big.
    What would set these needles apart is the fact that as you drive faster and the needles rise, they begin to turn from Blue to Red once you get near the limits of the gauges. Thats pretty sick and different.
    But no need to cry over spilled milk, just clear your needles and put in some LED's. Thats as close as you can get.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by warriorlax5506
    Alright so changing the LEDs is what i gotta do. Ill look through the forums, I'm sure there is a tutorial or something somewhere. Thanks you guys!
    you also have to clear the needles which there is a thread for that too. just pop your gauge cluster out and take nailpolish remover on a q-tip and rub the orange off then just replace your gauge bulbs with blue leds

Thanks dude! That would be sick if i could get my needle LED to switch from blue to red after I hit 60 mph. I'm sure I could figure it out.

'93 Nissan 240sx vert

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    if you find a way, pm me and let me know too :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    If you have a 99-01 or 02-03, it will not make a difference guys. The needles are the same size and length in both. Those needles are for Diamante and if you notice, they cluster is like JDM or pre98 clusters because the speedometer and RPM gauge are the same size. 99-01 & 02-03 have same size speedometers and RPMs, just the face is different, 99-01 have either black or white face and 02-03 have it blue.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe
    Quote Originally Posted by warriorlax5506
    you also have to clear the needles which there is a thread for that too. just pop your gauge cluster out and take nailpolish remover on a q-tip and rub the orange off then just replace your gauge bulbs with blue leds
    That is exactly what I did.

BEFORE

AFTER

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

check these out

http://www.procarparts.com/store-det...99GL%2D6724RGF

Those are the knock-off version of these: AC Autotechnic S7 Gauges

Get these instead, they're on eBay for like $60-70, and there's a tutorial on installing them here, they look good in the day and night.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    don't do those. get the S7 instead. the s7 you just slip over your old gauges and don't have to remove the old or the needles.

i got the s7's and ive had a little trouble fitting all the peices back together, but its 98% back together OEM..lol..but they are sweet
    My car has mood swings..

Quote Originally Posted by injen4g63
    i got the s7's and ive had a little trouble fitting all the peices back together, but its 98% back together OEM..lol..but they are sweet
    what couldnt you fit back together?
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe
    they will not work unless you have the gauges from the very early 99 galants. i emailed them directly a few weeks back and they told me that
    Hogwash (search is your friend):
    https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/vi...ht=intelliglow

To be honest with you, though, you can get the same effect by clearing your needles and using colored 194 bulbs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast