The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Progress *No Update Yet, Raining too much* 2/1/08

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 91
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar

The Checklist

locked. new thread bcuz i need a new title.

love the new forums, only down is not changing the title
    Last edited by 99 galant; 03-06-2008 at 07:35 PM

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    post pics of everything installed. I'll be honest, not sure about the blue and gold. Gotta see it. :shock:
    -Pedro

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    doesnt look like you sprayed very even coats either but it still looks wet in those pics i will have to see the finished product

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I likd it better the first time, with the black trim, no gold...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    im assuming you wanted to paint your car blue and possibly have gold rims, so this is going along with that theme?

i guess ill wait till the final outcome before i judge
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Hey I got a question for you. How did you get the air vent in the middle out the one that covers 2 air conditioning vents. I've tried to play around a little w/ the dash pieces and all seem to come off easy except that one when I went to take that off it seemed real stiff and didn't want to budge is there any special tool to help get it out?

TGC Regular
    Hmmnn.... Interesting... Not sure if I can say I like it 100%. But I would like to see the final outcome.
    I'm sort of okay with the gold... but seeing a tri-colored interior always bothers me... Then again I wasn't fond of tan interiors. But hey! Thats just me!
    Your interior is surprisingly clean though!
    May I ask, how come you have a wire sticking out under the steering wheel?
    Hahahah is the box of cheetios apart of your future plan too? Hahah just teasing though.
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

you should look at some posts about painting and try again
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamidad
    post pics of everything installed. I'll be honest, not sure about the blue and gold. Gotta see it. :shock:
    the gold is going away, new color coming in and everything isnt the new colors yet. i didnt have time to take apart the doors again

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    doesnt look like you sprayed very even coats either but it still looks wet in those pics i will have to see the finished product
    the glove compartment was hard to spray, that needs a respray

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G
    I likd it better the first time, with the black trim, no gold...
    i was bored, it doesnt really look that bad in person

Quote Originally Posted by beam514
    im assuming you wanted to paint your car blue and possibly have gold rims, so this is going along with that theme?
    thats not a half bad guess, about half way tho. i did a photoshop of your idea with the gold. it looks good but not as good as a blue/black. but i dont know if im going to get a new paint job or not. this is just the begining of saving money and getting ready for more

Quote Originally Posted by galant3jl12's
    Hey I got a question for you. How did you get the air vent in the middle out the one that covers 2 air conditioning vents. I've tried to play around a little w/ the dash pieces and all seem to come off easy except that one when I went to take that off it seemed real stiff and didn't want to budge is there any special tool to help get it out?
    that part is the biggest pain in the ass. u have to work with it alot. u need to find out where the clips are and use a flat head. a few of mine broke and its still hard. its weird the way they are connected it has like a bump that u need to get out of the other connecter that is in the dash, the two vents are easy to pop out but make sure you do a good spray job on both of them because trying to get them back in they will scratch bcuz its such a tight fit

Quote Originally Posted by komodo
    Hmmnn.... Interesting... Not sure if I can say I like it 100%. But I would like to see the final outcome.
    I'm sort of okay with the gold... but seeing a tri-colored interior always bothers me... Then again I wasn't fond of tan interiors. But hey! Thats just me!
    Hahahah is the box of cheetios apart of your future plan too? Hahah just teasing though.
    lol about the cheerios. but that wire is for my streetglow that is currantly not installed. i got a ticket after 8 months of them being on... passed every cop in my town... 4 on the first night... lol anyways its going to come in use for some interior stuff if i decided too. or i might reinstall the underbody one day. i try to keep the interior reallly clean. this spring is going to be a HUGE wash for it. everything is getting cleaned

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant
    lol about the cheerios. but that wire is for my streetglow that is currantly not installed. i got a ticket after 8 months of them being on... passed every cop in my town... 4 on the first night... lol anyways its going to come in use for some interior stuff if i decided too. or i might reinstall the underbody one day. i try to keep the interior reallly clean. this spring is going to be a HUGE wash for it. everything is getting cleaned
    That sucks man.. you didn't install a switch to turn it on/off while driving? I thought underbody was legal, just depends on color.
    Thats cool! I always admire a clean interior. It's always harder to keep clean versus the exterior! I'm thankful my car does not have an ashtray =D
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

Did you use vinyl spray on the glovebox? It's that weird material... I'm trying to black out the whole dash, go to black leather seats, and momo steering wheel... I just cant reach the top 3 bolts with my shitty tools...
    1997 Volvo 850 T5

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant
    That sucks man.. you didn't install a switch to turn it on/off while driving? I thought underbody was legal, just depends on color.
    Thats cool! I always admire a clean interior. It's always harder to keep clean versus the exterior! I'm thankful my car does not have an ashtray =D
    that wire is the swtich for on and off while driving. i can have it on while the car isnt on. but i guess that the state law doesnt SAY IT but the cheif of police siad ANY color while in motion is illegal. altho it doesnt say anything about yellow or white in the state law. gay. plus i think it helps see other cars in foggy weather so i keep mine on when its foggy. for now i agreed to just cut them off so that officer doesnt try to pull me over and say they were on, stupid small towns and power trip cops

Quote Originally Posted by Distort
    Did you use vinyl spray on the glovebox? It's that weird material... I'm trying to black out the whole dash, go to black leather seats, and momo steering wheel... I just cant reach the top 3 bolts with my shitty tools...
    nah i just did a primer and regular spray paint and in the black pics i used a DULL clear coat to keep it protected still

Re: Progress 1/29/08

new pics going up now

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Ewwwwww! God No! Please tell me that's a photoshop. :shock:

the black/gold is going away... its just a currant update of what ive done

edit: i havnt had time to take the rest apart yet, just give it time. i am prepared for flame tho

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I'm not taking about the Gold, the gold was fine with tan interior, somewhat but that blue with speckles, no dude! I don't like it anyway.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast