The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2002 ES keyless entry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30
    Ken_

2002 ES keyless entry

Does anybody know if all 02' ES's come with factory keyless entry? Does anybody know where the keyless entry modual is located in the car?

not sure about the DE, but the ES and ^ do come with it - as far as the module, wouldn't know, yo -
    Semper Fi'

escoson
    DE does not have keyless entry, all other models do.

ewgiii
    NO, the 2002 es DO NOT come with a factory keyless entry. This is FALSE.

ADBGTZ
    WRONG...99+ ES Models do have factory keyless entry....i sell mitsu for a living and they do!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewgiii)</div><div class='quotemain'>NO, the 2002 es DO NOT come with a factory keyless entry. Â*This is FALSE.</div>

I have a 2K2 ES, I DO have keyless entry

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ewgiii)</div><div class='quotemain'>NO, the 2002 es DO NOT come with a factory keyless entry. Â*This is FALSE.</div>

LOL.. looks like you got a DE with ES badging.. I too have a 2k2 ES with keyless entry..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

TGC Regular
    i have a de i have power all but didnt get a remote with the car but i got one when got the viper put in
    - Atba

my es has it but it's 2001 not sure if there if there is a real difference
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>my es has it but it's 2001 not sure if there if there is a real difference</div>

The 2002 and above Galant (not sure on all models, at least Es and above) do not have a key for the passenger side door or trunk. You need to use your remote control to open these locks.

i didn't know you could open the trunk with it? I checked the Mitsubishi Website and I couldn't understand what it was saying about the keyless entry for the Galant. I guess it was saying that only the GTZ came with the standard. the way the guy at the dealer ship said it they all cam with it.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

ewgiii
    i got mine used at CARMAX. No keyless entry, and no passenger side or trunk key entry. guess i got screwed.

Hmm... you're right BGR.. No key for trunk/passenger door..

Ewgii, You must have a DE with options.. thats strange.. you might wanna do a VIN number check..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

ewgiii
    how do i do that? everything else about it says es........ help, please.

Because you got your car used at carmax, they didn't provide you with a remote, but the feature is there. I suggest you take a trip to your local Mitsu dealer and ask them about it. See if they can program you another remote.

ewgiii
    thanks! i'll check into it.

Every 1999-2003 Galant ES, ES V6, LS, GTZ sold has Keyless entry.

i personally wouldn't care for keyless entry as long as u have power windows. keyless entry is included in many alarms on the market today. and yea some kinda alarm should be one of the first mods u do to ur car. they might not always work but it does give u some time to catch whoever did something to ur car

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by BGR

The 2002 and above Galant (not sure on all models, at least Es and above) do not have a key for the passenger side door or trunk. You need to use your remote control to open these locks.
    so does this suggest why my key doesnt work in the passenger side door? its kind of annoying since i have to go to the driver door if i want to get in the car

btw my car is a 1999 ES

2011 Camry- 202 miles- just picked up 9/10/10
    2008 Pontiac G6- 26,065 miles- traded in
    1999 Galant ES- 91,846 miles- long gone

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yea i wouldnt worry about itmuch either you can get a decent alarm (i would go 2 way reguardless of future mods) for decent prices now which will incorperater the few things you are missing just my .02 plus a dealer wont give you a programmed remote and chances are it will be pretty expensive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast