The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Discission time!

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Discission time!

Im getting around 900 bucks this year from taxes! And im wondering what i should do with the money on my car.

1. Paint, Tein coil over kit, and a 4wheel disk upgrade.

2. Pull appart parts talon 5spd swap, 4g63 turbo rubuild with a 18g turbo.

3. Last idea take out a loan and do a awd turbo swap. (Not really leaning twards doing this but its in the back of my head as i could do it.)

Any ideas would be cool.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

coilovers laone blow your budget

do things in order, like what i did

1. i did my suspension first

2. then built my tranny

3. then i started with the interior

4. and now with the outside

5. last is boost

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

paint it.

the cool part about painting yoru kapalana black car.....

is that you can take pics of it fromm any angle. and the top too.
    and you can take pics with your hood closed!!!

don't get tein coilovers. you'd be wasting your money.
    get D2. i love them.

and edit your thread title. its spelled wrong

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

HMM. Im really leaning to paint the thing, cancer got worse and i got some lil rust spots that i could take care of. I want a nice set of coil overs not like the cheap ones that i bought before and i wasnt able to raise my car up. you got a site ware i can get the D2's from?

1996 galant s

Paint it first. I am in the process of preparing mine for paint now.

Yea im going to start preparing at the end of Feb. Im going to paint it myself like i did my old car. Now i know what everyone is going to say and that is im stupid for wanting to paint it myself, but my grandpa was in auto body repair and he is a really good painter, he did my old car in his garage, every qurtar panel in that car was replaced by cutting out and welding, so i no my car is in good hands and plus it will give me somthing to do this spring lol. Im also going to work on getting the talon pulled apart so that i can do a slow rebuild on the engine and transmission. take my time do everything right and spend a little money here and there to make her strong.

1996 galant s

paint it LAST.

i'm painting my cuz GS after it's done

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

i want to get rid of the cancer though im tired of looking at it. But it is definetly getting a drop this spring and im going to buy a nice kit not going to use that cheep one that i had before.

1996 galant s

I say paint if first. Lots of people say performance performance performance, but driving around in a cancer riddin car is very enjoyable. Here's what i suggest...

Body work and paint

Suspension

Wheels

Engine and trans

Interior

Personally I prefer the look on people's faces when they get whooped on by what looks like a stock beater with a loud muffler. :twisted:

222whp/250wtq

I'm with Joe on this one, the hell with the visual. Go with one of your performance options. The new paint is bound to get dinged the first couple months of parking in public. :cry:
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

my factory paint has heled up surprisingly well, but it is starting to fade

what ever you do do it all not half ass

and it awsome to see people faces when they get beat by the "purple monster"

yeah im painting my car now because i have the chance to, but honestly it was the last thing on my mind....

Im thinking i might take my car to maco before B2N9 just so that i have fresh paint. Im getting enough money ware i should still be able to do some stuff and have some nice paint. I was just going to do it myself but i can prep the car myself and take it in to get sprayed for a decent price. After the snow is gone i think it is going in!

1996 galant s