The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: kicker not kickin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    your amp is good down to 2 ohm....your current sub is running .5 ohm, thus overloading. understand?

if you get the DVC 4 ohm and wire it for parallel, then you'll be at 2 ohm and be golden. and that is only if you are running 1 sub.
    but if it was at .5 ohms wouldnt it be hittin harder.. ( lower the ohm, the more power). but anyway man thanx u've helped out alot. Ima get the dvc 4 ohm and get this bass on and poppin.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    that would be correct if you amp was capable of it.

your amp is good down to 2 ohm....your current sub is running .5 ohm, thus overloading. understand?

if you get the DVC 4 ohm and wire it for parallel, then you'll be at 2 ohm and be golden. and that is only if you are running 1 sub.
    a dual-2 ohm sub, like the one he has now, can either be wired to 1 ohm or 4 ohm, so i dont know where your getting .5 ohm from. if he had 2 of em i would agree, but he simply doesn't have a dual 2 ohm sub wired to .5 ohm

to the thread starter, your best bet would be to get a dual 4 ohm sub and wire it like serstylz said. also, check all your connections and i would seriously think about ditching your current headunit if it doesn't even have pre-outs
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

Quote Originally Posted by nycking23 View Post
    a dual-2 ohm sub, like the one he has now, can either be wired to 1 ohm or 4 ohm, so i dont know where your getting .5 ohm from. if he had 2 of em i would agree, but he simply doesn't have a dual 2 ohm sub wired to .5 ohm

to the thread starter, your best bet would be to get a dual 4 ohm sub and wire it like serstylz said. also, check all your connections and i would seriously think about ditching your current headunit if it doesn't even have pre-outs
    sorry, got 2 of my posts mixed up. i put in .5 when i was talking about 2 subs.

and to your comment to the thread starter, the #'s on there aren't correct.

sorry, got 2 of my posts mixed up. i put in .5 when i was talking about 2 subs.

and to your comment to the thread starter, the #'s on there aren't correct.
    what do you mean the numbers aren't correct? im assuming you mean that the l7 is rated at 750 and at 2 ohm, the amp will push 1000, but the l7s are built pretty good and should be able to take a little extra, especially if he is careful and sets his gains correctly
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    these diagrams are incorrect. you have either a choice of 8ohm or 2 ohm with a DVC 4ohm sub. so the first pics is 8 ohm, the second is 2 ohm.
    The diagram is NOT incorrect; if you look in the diagram its the wiring for a DVC 2 ohm sub (aka how he has it wired now)

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2 View Post
    The diagram is NOT incorrect; if you look in the diagram its the wiring for a DVC 2 ohm sub (aka how he has it wired now)
    well so f'n sorry i didn't see that i just saw the 1 parallel wiring and 1 series wiring so i assumed.

Quote Originally Posted by nycking23 View Post
    what do you mean the numbers aren't correct? im assuming you mean that the l7 is rated at 750 and at 2 ohm, the amp will push 1000, but the l7s are built pretty good and should be able to take a little extra, especially if he is careful and sets his gains correctly
    i was talking about his current amp and sub. dee dee dee

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    well so f'n sorry i didn't see that i just saw the 1 parallel wiring and 1 series wiring so i assumed.
    Just trying to help the OP out, didn't want him having incorrect info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12