The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dual piston calipers...do i need them?

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Dual piston calipers...do i need them?

So after my rear disc swap, do i need to upgrade to dual piston fronts? Some say i do, some say i don't. Some people say i will have brake balance issues, some say i won't. Im so confused :(

I had rear disc swap for months before I did the dual piston caliper in front upgrade. I did it more for the bigger rotors in the front. Our stock rotors are pretty small.
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

think of it this way. 00-03 v6s have single piston fronts and rear discs stock

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    think of it this way. 00-03 v6s have single piston fronts and rear discs stock
    Oh...i should be ok then. Alright thanks guys! I might consider the dual piston upgrade later. Oh yeah, one more question guys. So my setup came from a 99 gtz, so i ordered hawk pads and powerslot rotors for a 99 gtz...this is correct right? Since my rear disc setup is from a v6, will my rear rotors be bigger? or will they be the same size?

Quote Originally Posted by 2kgalant View Post
    Oh...i should be ok then. Alright thanks guys! I might consider the dual piston upgrade later. Oh yeah, one more question guys. So my setup came from a 99 gtz, so i ordered hawk pads and powerslot rotors for a 99 gtz...this is correct right? Since my rear disc setup is from a v6, will my rear rotors be bigger? or will they be the same size?

yeah you will be okay. yeah that is correct size, will they be bigger in rear than what? Only the v6s came with disc in the rear. Or are you asking if the rear rotors will be larger than the fronts?

2001 Galant ES

yeah, i was wondering if the rear rotors are going to be bigger than the front.

Quote Originally Posted by 2kgalant View Post
    yeah, i was wondering if the rear rotors are going to be bigger than the front.
    I believe they are the same size. I don't have any pics of mine, but with the dual piston calipers in the front I know those rotors are larger than the rear are for sure. So I am guessing that the v6 rear rotors are the same size and the rotors on the front with the single piston calipers.

2001 Galant ES

Alright, thanks alot man!

2 piston front and a rear disk swap is a must. Its really a great upgrade, and i'm not saying this just because i'm selling a set!
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    2 piston front and a rear disk swap is a must. Its really a great upgrade, and i'm not saying this just because i'm selling a set!
    Im sure the upgrade is well worth it...maybe later though. I did alot of things over the past couple months (Tein SSP, Work Rims, Rear Disc Swap) spent alot of money:(

you gotta get a bbk to really set off the Works!

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    you gotta get a bbk to really set off the Works!
    Yeah, no shit! My friend's gf spent about 3k on her Endless BBK. I ain't got that kind of money right now:(