The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Kamikaze Headers and VisionImport Headers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 43
    Senior TGC Member
    Maybe the factory exhaust manifolds are already tuned for nearly max power
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

BlankMan
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Maybe the factory exhaust manifolds are already tuned for nearly max power </div>

Oh yah - that's the ticket - and the 103WHP proves it!

Senior TGC Member
    Hey I'm getting a mindblowing, stomach churning 150 whp, so I KNOW they're amazingly free-flowing!
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Maybe the factory exhaust manifolds are already tuned for nearly max power </div>

They probably aren't bad, but I think someone should make a down pipe to get rid of the pre-cat, that's the 5hp that is the difference in FED and Cali. That shouldn't cost too much, and you could still have the sensor there correct?
    1999 2.4l
    - AEM Short Ram with Blitz Sonic Air Filter
    - Magnecore Wires & Denso Iridium Plugs
    - Throttle Body rebored by ProFlow
    - Throttle Body Coolant Bypass
    - Throttle Cable adjustment
    - Freedom Design Strut Bar
    - Tein Springs
    - KYB AGX setting 1
    Exterior:
    - 2nd Gen JDM Tails
    - New rear 02 Molding
    - Debadged Mitsubishi lettering

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    For me the quest for more power is never ending.. Everyday i look at this motor and i know she's hiding emency amounts of used concrete ripping power, but you cant use that power unless companies are making parts that are actually going to bring that out...I WANT POWER, if im going to have to custom make parts or Â*custom fab a t-68 to do it, o well.. They dont call me Headache for nothing, power is everything, nothing else really matters..</div>

Hey man, I feel your pain..Im right along with you on the quest for whp damn the bhp BS. Well all know that the key to it get dumpin the a/t well at least its a hell of a start for those of use that can drive m/t lol.

those things are pitiful the layout of them should be enough proof as is. I gutted the precat and did notice alittle something without getting headers. Then again Im not sure if the gains came from jsut gutting that precat becuase the very same day the exhaust was upped to 2.5' But all in all the object is to dump the stock headers BUT theres nothing else to use in there place. Some one beg a REAL company like greddy, hks hell even DC sports to create a "true bolt on enhancement" If you have to spend 500 on the product then 250-300 more on tuning is there a point? Sounds like if there is a tree in the woods and nobody is around when it falls does it make a sound??? Same BS just different area on the planet BOOM..

Where did you guys get the 500 bucks for header number?? Maybe for the V6??? Cuz I know for the I4, kamikaze is only 170 bucks........
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

What company headers are we talking about again? The price doesn't sound right and neither do the gains (or lack of) make any sense. If this was so, everyone that dynoed would be raggin' on them. The unscrupulous Club3G members would have dragged them out and hung them.

Now if you had an old Fed spec., then I can see maybe there isn't much to gain. But for Calif. spec., like others have said, just getting rid of the untuned length headers and pre-cat alone should yield about 8-12 ponies untuned. Just doesn't add up. Was the base run and header run done the same day or at least on the same dyno?

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Kamikaze Headers:
    103.9 max hp
    122.9 max torque

Thats what my car dynoed with the headers and Cai untuned.

Another member, Los, who just has a short ram intake.
    100.2-- Max hp
    115.7-- Max torque

Not much of a difference we'll see how it is once I get it tuned.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJC)</div><div class='quotemain'>What company headers are we talking about again? The price doesn't sound right and neither do the gains (or lack of) make any sense. If this was so, everyone that dynoed would be raggin' on them. The unscrupulous Club3G members would have dragged them out and hung them.

Now if you had an old Fed spec., then I can see maybe there isn't much to gain. But for Calif. spec., like others have said, just getting rid of the untuned length headers and pre-cat alone should yield about 8-12 ponies untuned. Just doesn't add up. Was the base run and header run done the same day or at least on the same dyno?</div>

That's the secret Gordon, and that's what I'm trying to say, but I seem to be getting drowned out by the negative numbers on the headers. EVERYONE who ran the headers hasn't done anything to tune them. The 2WHP gains are the untuned numbers. I was the only person on the dyno with anything tuneable, and that was my FPR. Once I get the AFC and tune the headers, we'll have a better idea of the true performance gains. And I agree that the Club3G guys would have hung David Thomas out to dry if they headers only gave 2HP.

Gizmo: Check my post in the GB forum about a GB on the Apexi S-AFC. US Model, new in the box.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

for all those who read this let me tell you something...I'know a guy, who has 2000 Infinity G20....his stock headers looked pretty shity when i saw it, so the guy spended nearly $1500 (650 was just a header itself)for the whole exhaust system and took his car to the dyno....guess what... he literally gained 4 whp AND 8 lbs of torque....he went with some nice exhaust system ...his shit has beautiful sound and it seems faster a lot than before...though it just SEEMS to be faster cuz when he went to the race track ...times were .3 second faster than before then exhaust....
    I am sorry to hear that but it is true....he wasted $1500 for practicly the sound....
    I think the biggewst bang for a buck is defeniately NOS...Just get an extra set of fuel injectors, bigger fuel pump and you will be running safe for sure (but then on the other hand - are u gonna spary on the first gear ???? I don't think so)..Though I don't encorage you to do that, but defeniately the real performance gains are achieved by FORCED INDUCTION so just think how you spend your money...
    BE SMART...SAVE YOUR MONEY >>
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

toc8g
    Monte, Laz,.....Did you guys have a fed Spec Galant? If you did I can see why you would be have less of a hp gain but for my Cali Specs I think it might be a little misleading to say all you get is 2hp. This is just my opinion remember I am not speaking from actual experience. The Reason I say this is because the Cali spec Galants have more to gain from a header then a fed spec. so if a fed gains 2hp then we gain 4 or if a fed gains 3-4 we gain 6-8 which in my mind would be well worth it because I have personally experienced what a oem fed spec can do to a oem cali spec and me being on the end of the shity side of the stick. Being left behind by by a car and a half is no fun and a shocking experience :shock: so I do know their is a difference from the exhaust manifold and the pre cat whixh the header would fix for us. Also don't forget guys I used drive a fed spec for almost 2 years. All I am just saying I guess is when you telling peeps to save their money let them know if your experience is with a fed or a cali because all Galants were not made equal

like one of the other members said the Header is just an extention of the Exaust manifold. I did have 2 factory cats before and I switched to 1 HFC with the header. but the thing is the Cars haven't been tuned to adjest to the header.We have a couple members that are heading back to redyno after the car has ben tuned. I on the other hand, have different plans. I may take one more shot at the Galant if I ever get my hands on an AFC. But for now I am planning a different approach to the situation. :twisted:
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

BlankMan
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>...But for now I am planning a different approach to the situation. :twisted:</div>

Yeah? And what might that be? :puzzled1:

Secret G-14 Classified
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(toc8g)</div><div class='quotemain'>Monte, Laz,.....Did you guys have a fed Spec Galant? If you did I can see why you would be have less of a hp gain but for my Cali Specs I think it might be a little misleading to say all you get is 2hp. This is just my opinion remember I am not speaking from actual experience. The Reason I say this is because the Cali spec Galants have more to gain from a header then a fed spec. so if a fed gains 2hp then we gain 4 or if a fed gains 3-4 we gain 6-8 which in my mind would be well worth it because I have personally experienced what a oem fed spec can do to a oem cali spec and me being on the end of the shity side of the stick. Being left behind by by a car and a half is no fun and a shocking experience :shock: Â*so I do know their is a difference from the exhaust manifold and the pre cat whixh the header would fix for us. Also don't forget guys I used drive a fed spec for almost 2 years. All I am just saying I guess is when you telling peeps to save their money let them know if your experience is with a fed or a cali because all Galants were not made equal </div>

TOC: I have a cali spec, honestly gutting the precat really only helped in the mid range. If I can recall back in the midatlantic hagerstown meet we all tested the I4's on the road and my cali spec pulled past fed specs. Back then I only had CAI, AEM pulley and the muffler. Toc I know you know what your talkin about so dont think Im questioning "your authoritayyy" lol

All: I hate to say it but visionimports and kamikazi made BS hopes and aspirations when they said you will get sever gains with a "true bolt on" mod. After going through old archived emails dating back to april of last year I still had emails from some cat at vision askin if I was willing to jump in the "pre release" headers. So glad I didnt My recommendation for bang for your buck is get the 14b/manifold etc off a 1g eclipse you may end up spending 1000 total but hell force induction ispriceless. Last resort the NX nos kit be done with it..fuck headers fuck vision/kamikazibizybody how ever they spell it. Oh yea, Im speakin on behalf of the I4 owners. the 6 shooters may have pure gains THEN AGAIN I havent seen a baseline V6 run on a dyno to compare them too....

Damn time to get off work

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    man i cant wait for the guys who are going to the dyno to put there numbers up, there seems to be to much difference in opinion on the header numbers.. hell i got RPW headers, but with all the mods to the motor and gettting it tuned everyone couple of weeks, i dont have a baseline before the headers were put on to compare 2..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

I cant wait either cause the shit will hit the fan. It still will make my point of a true bolt on giving gobbs of whp. Will this experience change the quote of "true bolt on performance" or will it end up like products like the Venom 400?

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>I cant wait either cause the shit will hit the fan. Â* Â*It still will make my point of a true bolt on giving gobbs of whp. Â*Will this experience change the quote of "true bolt on performance" or will it end up like products like the Venom 400?</div>

Mante if ur right, a lot of people would have spent a lot dough on something that doesnt work like it was quoted at.. O well, no biggie for me.. i got my times..lol
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Senior TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>the 6 shooters may have pure gains THEN AGAIN I havent seen a baseline V6 run on a dyno to compare them too....</div>

Just ask Burthold or 00GTZ00 to show ya...but those are Fed specs

toc8g
    You guys might wanna say, "not again" but I am gonna take the different aproach to the Header thing. I am still gonna get the header(one day soon! :? ) But I know this is gonna be a stubborn kinda thing but instead of the AFC thing I am gonna redo the ECU again with JET. It helped with mid to top end on my Old 2000 Galant so I will be the Guinee pig on this thing just so we could get all our options out in the open.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast