The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brand new 9G tail end

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

Brand new 9G tail end

Hey,

Anyone else seen the all new 9G rear? I wasn't a big lover of the 9G when they first came out, and now I suddenly want one. I don't know why the view from the rear makes such a big difference to me, but it does.
    Eclipse
    --
    1994 Diamante LS - 220K+
    2003 Galant ES - 90K+

looks the same to me

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    blind?

Here's scaled down size

Can someone photoshop this to make it more pleasing?
    Last edited by G-spot; 02-05-2008 at 09:04 PM

Boy you'd think by now Mitsu would make HID's standard on the Galant, much like Toyota has with their Camry

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Please tell me that is not a G in the pic that GSpot just posted.

That front grille is hideous!! The rear looks cheap!

Dammit Mitsubishi!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

lol

yea... they were major bashing on galants on a vw forum because of those pics..

the rear does look a little better, or different, but the front end of a 9g looks way better now.

God. I think almost all the designs Mitsu has come out with since the 8G Galant are garbage. I don't like the new Evo, the new Lancer, the Galants...bah. They all look so cheap and fucked up. Starting to look like crappier American cars.

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    yea... they were major bashing on galants on a vw forum because of those pics..

the rear does look a little better, or different, but the front end of a 9g looks way better now.
    hells nah man its just plain ugly yes the ack is nice but the front its just nasty ill stick to the 7 8, early 9 g
    03 I4

Quote Originally Posted by Koncept View Post
    God. I think almost all the designs Mitsu has come out with since the 8G Galant are garbage. I don't like the new Evo, the new Lancer, the Galants...bah. They all look so cheap and fucked up. Starting to look like crappier American cars.
    lol. I see like a billion 08 lancers in the road todays.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    Oh great, now I have to go back to the dealership and take pictures ..... the reason I say this is I thought that was the 07 front end. I'm positive I saw at least a couple that had that front on the old 9G rear ...... Maybe I wasn't paying attention because I was focused on the new rear ....
    Eclipse
    --
    1994 Diamante LS - 220K+
    2003 Galant ES - 90K+

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    The 10g looks "bland" and "boring" now and doesn't stand out in design anymore. Maybe this design will appeal to a larger "grown up" crowd.

Looks like Mitsu is saving $$$ by not totally redesigning a completely new platform for the Galant. I hope they have something up their sleeve thats even better for the completely new Galant.

The 10g has nothing to compete in exterior appeal compared to the new Accord, Altima, Camry, and Mazda 6 which are far more appealing exterior wise.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

thats probably why they didnt spent as much for R&D for the 10g. They know they can't compete much with the others without spending an arm and a leg. They are probably aiming for the lancer and evo to get most of their market for now.

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    The 10g looks "bland" and "boring" now and doesn't stand out in design anymore. Maybe this design will appeal to a larger "grown up" crowd.
    Well, it's not really a 10g, is it? I mean the 8g Galant has two different front ends, but are the same shape and chassis/platform. The 7g had two slightly different tail ends. I'm saying this is a 9gB, wouldn't the group agree?
    Eclipse
    --
    1994 Diamante LS - 220K+
    2003 Galant ES - 90K+

2009 Galant

Ok, so technically these are 2009 Galants? Does that mean they are going to sell two different models all year? The regular 2008 9g, and these new 2009 9gB/10g's at the same time?
    Eclipse
    --
    1994 Diamante LS - 220K+
    2003 Galant ES - 90K+

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Eclipse View Post
    Well, it's not really a 10g, is it? I mean the 8g Galant has two different front ends, but are the same shape and chassis/platform. The 7g had two slightly different tail ends. I'm saying this is a 9gB, wouldn't the group agree?
    Well the 9g did have 2 different exterior changes already, but still retained a relatively same design look. The "10g" has a completely different rear design and the front is almost different..with the only remnance of the "9g" being the headlights.

Here is a 2004 "9gA"

Here is a "9gB"

You can tell between the 9gA and 9gB that they had different front bumpers, front grilles, and rear bumpers.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast