The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: electrical issues, wiring harness meltdown

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

electrical issues, wiring harness meltdown

WIRING HARNESS MELTDOWN.......

A couple of months ago, the wiring harness going up into the engine-compartment fuse box arced out to the body. Complete meltdown. Car wouldn't even turn over. At the time I was not aware of the recall related to this issue. So I fixed it. Car runs again goodly (I know it's not a word). The only problem is that the constant power supply needed for trip meter and radio memory doesn't work. The memory for the odometer still retains information. Anyone have any ideas? Will the dealer take care of it free of charge due to the recall? Could the meltdown have destroyed the memory function? Anyone know which wire coming out of the fuse box is constant power? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

did you check the fuses that supply constant power? they are the two in the engine bay fuse box in the yellow holder

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Checked them before, replaced them, just now rechecked them, made sure they were fully engaged, still no memory.

I didn't know that they were the constant supply fuses though, least that gives me somewhere to start looking. Thanks!