The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: V6 turbo junkies

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

V6 turbo junkies

Did/is anyone have/having any luck with finding turbo manifold(s) or are you guys having them made? Just curious because if it or they are out there, I'd do it, if not I'm going to have them made. I want to route the pipint over the tranny like the new Grand Prix exhaust is. They meet by a mid-piece and "Y" down into the exhaust. But basically I want to run the rear manifold and meet the front(3 piece setup) and mount to the turbo to sit next to the front head. Downpipe can then be run down the front side of the tranny/block. i fyou all have any pics of your current build that would be great. This coming fall/winter will be project time. This year I will buy the parts as i can afford them and hopefully have them all by then. I am doing a block build up and heads rebuilt.

Something similar to this:
    http://www.dp-engineering.nl/EN/proj...6_v6_turbo.php

Thanks guys/gals

Steve
    Last edited by 6G72T; 02-05-2008 at 07:51 PM Reason: found pics

Member since October '03

There are no off the shelf turbo manifolds for the v6. If you have them made tho, I'm sure there would be a couple of us interested in them.

WarmAndSCSI
    I'm sure you checked Club3g, they were having a discussion concerning this particular configuration. You're not going to find much interest here on TGC.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yes there are give me a little while and i will get you the link i dont have it handy at the moment its what a lot of the 3g guys are using

http://www.importperformanceparts.net/
    go to mitsubishi
    scroll down to t
    you will see turbo manifolds & turbo kits (under a seperate link)
    there are a few brands choose turbo "specialties"

make sure you look and order the 6g72 as there are a few v6 options for the overseas galants

there is also a full kit available from the same company

i know a few of the 3g's have bought from here pretty recently and recieved it fine and are using it but i myself have not orfered anything from them so i cant give first hand experience on thier reputability (i would contact and ask them if its still available personally)

WarmAndSCSI
    I've never actually seen the V6 manifolds from there... do you know of any pictures?

theres some on the 3g forums im sure since i know a bunch of them had ordered thiers from this place but i will try to locate some

found these on the forums

some of the manifold as well as the whole kit
    Attached Images Attached Images

WarmAndSCSI
    Oh, that kit!? What a pile of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72T View Post
    Did/is anyone have/having any luck with finding turbo manifold(s) or are you guys having them made? Just curious because if it or they are out there, I'd do it, if not I'm going to have them made. I want to route the pipint over the tranny like the new Grand Prix exhaust is. They meet by a mid-piece and "Y" down into the exhaust. But basically I want to run the rear manifold and meet the front(3 piece setup) and mount to the turbo to sit next to the front head. Downpipe can then be run down the front side of the tranny/block. i fyou all have any pics of your current build that would be great. This coming fall/winter will be project time. This year I will buy the parts as i can afford them and hopefully have them all by then. I am doing a block build up and heads rebuilt.

Something similar to this:
    http://www.dp-engineering.nl/EN/proj...6_v6_turbo.php

Thanks guys/gals

Steve
    Mine is piped pretty close to the way the Peugeot has been done - the rear bank connects to the front bank then to the turbo. I've got lots of pics from my install:
    https://thegalantcenter.net/forum/sh...ad.php?t=16472

Hot Side (Exhaust) Piping:

Note that I still use my stock exhaust manifolds, losing the piping that has the precats.
    E2 = Front bank collector with square turbo flange
    E4 = Rear bank collector - hooks into E2 at the part with the wastegate flange
    E3 = downpipe from turbo outlet to E1
    E1 = Section that replaces the stock rear cat (notice the pair of O2 bungs)

Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
    Oh, that kit!? What a pile of shit.
    never said it was great but it is "easy" lol as far as the actual kit i wouldnt use it... but the manifold is an option although it seems to only run off 1 bank

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    never said it was great but it is "easy" lol as far as the actual kit i wouldnt use it... but the manifold is an option although it seems to only run off 1 bank
    It runs of both banks, but it's a very poor design. A guy over at GF tried it, and IRC he gave up.

WarmAndSCSI
    That comes with a T-28!? Way too small for a 3.0L V6.

RPW in Austrailia. The site is www.rpw.com.au

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by surycdrol View Post
    RPW in Austrailia. The site is www.rpw.com.au
    Ummm... what are you talking about exactly? They have some turbo kits in development, but I know of absolutely no plans for test fitting them on any state-side 6G72's. Tearstone is their official US distributor now (in essence) and you're best off going through them to get RPW parts.

I do recall there was one old school member here (who got banned - forgot his name ) who was actually in talks with RPW to be a test fitter for the RPW twin turbo kit, but that never saw the light of day and if I recall correctly, went with the RIPP kit instead.

If you have $7K+ for the twin turbo kit then by all means go for it!

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by DryBear View Post
    I do recall there was one old school member here (who got banned - forgot his name ) who was actually in talks with RPW to be a test fitter for the RPW twin turbo kit, but that never saw the light of day and if I recall correctly, went with the RIPP kit instead.

If you have $7K+ for the twin turbo kit then by all means go for it!
    Is that in AUD? And I thought it was a single turbo kit they were developing.